Out of the Mouths of kids!!!

TEXASMUNK

We are looking at a family cruise for next year. Would be 14 of us. Kicking around a few thoughts today and our grandson, who is LOYAL TO ROYAL, (thanks to a generous grandmother) was telling his uncle...

"There is so much to do on Royal Caribbean I wish there were two of me!"

Leave it to an 8 year old to express how many of us feel about cruising!!!!

When do you want to cruise? If it is a summer cruise, I recommend a New England cruise out of NYC or Boston. Great summer ports include Newport, Boston, Portland, Bar Harbor, as well as Canadian ports. Some cruiselines stop at Martha's Vineyard, which is an island off Cape Cod and has incredible beaches with warm ocean temps for swimming. The movie "Jaws" was filmed there. I highly recommend that as a port. Newport is an incredible port of call with lots of pubs, restaurants, shops, and historical sights within walking distance of the dock--not to mention the tour of the Newport Mansions and the beaches and sailboat rides.

If you are taking a winter cruise, there are so many ports close to Texas to sail from. Galveston and New Orleans have cruises to Cozumel and Grand Cayman.

We sail different cruiselines each year and enjoy being on any cruise. I think all the main cruiselines do a great job with kids. There are things we like and don't like on every ship on every cruiseline we've taken. Most of all, we just like the variety of trying new things.

Archived