Windsurf Evening Noise Question

Ontario Traveller

We're considering booking on the Windsurf, but I am not sure which deck to book on. When we stay on the large cruise ships, I would not book a cabin with a bar/restaurant directly above or below my cabin, nor would I book a cabin directly below the pool deck (noise from chairs being stacked/moved by Deck Attendants, and late night organized bashes). Is this at all a concern on Windsurf? Somehow I don't think it will be, but would appreciate your experienced input.

Also, do the windows on Windsurf open? Can you hear the sound of the surf at night?

We were on Windsurf in october and our cabin was on Deck 3 just under the main deck. No noise whatsover. And to answer your other question, our windows did not open so we couldn't hear the sound of the surf from our room.

I would highly recommend the Windsurf; it was a wonderful cruise and we'll definitely be going again.

Hi Ontario Traveller. We were on the Wind Surf last month, on the transatlantic cruise from Lisbon to Barbados. We had an awesome time. We were originally in cabin 124, on deck one. The first night my husband could not sleep because of a loud, constant noise. It was not related to restaurants or pools, probably engines or ship workings? We moved to cabin 246, up a deck, and it was just fine. On a previous cruise on Wind Surf we were in 138 and we do not recall it being noisy there at all.

If you have any other specific questions about the ship, let me know.

By the way, in rough seas, the waves do spash over the port holes on deck one. Just as well passengers are not able to open them!

le

Archived