QM2 bar prices are too cheap

David2115

The title says it all. i was surprised on my recent cruise how cheap alcohol was in the many bars on board, £2 for stella, in fact it was cheaper than the carnival cruises i have been on. It is good news for all the people who go on to have a good time without been ripped off, all they need now is to do beer i a bucket on deck so we dont have to keep bothering the waiters, cruising will now start appealing to the masses. thank the lord!

The title says it all. i was surprised on my recent cruise how cheap alcohol was in the many bars on board, £2 for stella, in fact it was cheaper than the carnival cruises i have been on. It is good news for all the people who go on to have a good time without been ripped off, all they need now is to do beer i a bucket on deck so we dont have to keep bothering the waiters, cruising will now start appealing to the masses. thank the lord!

Ship's Whistle: " ......- "

Troll Alert!!!

Troll Alert!!!

Well that's a good thing. Queen Victoria is going to need more rowers to speed up that slowpoke. The easily-had strong drink will fortify them, eh?

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who intentionally posts controversial or contrary messages in an on-line community such as an on-line discussion forum or group with the singular intention of baiting users into an argumentative response.[1] It often has a broader meaning referring to any shady trouble making Internet activity.

forget the last post, now know what a troll is, does not refer to me though, just trying to inform and provoke debate. Why would talking about cheap alcohol on QM2 be controversial.

Will you clarify with more detail what you are trying to say with the last portion of your original post?

Paul

I think he means that God has now joined a travel agent marketing company. First proper job he has had since the sixth day!

Matthew

Please dont let cunard know this, My cocktails cost $2.75 each and that means lots of cocktails in commodore club, even the champagne was very good.

golden lion was ok, but I dont drink that much beer, not nice enouth to look at you know.

If Cunard are reading this, then keep up the good work "Hic"

rob

Will you clarify with more detail what you are trying to say with the last portion of your original post?

Paul

Just trying to say how pleased i am that the cruise market is now opening up more to the mass market and is no longer seen as an option only for the more well off

This is a big big ship to fill, and by hook or by crook it will be filled every voyage. I'm waiting for the offer where they pay me to sail and throw in the booze as well. If this means I have to walk the decks with an orange in my mouth and stumble over the drunken underclass why would I complain.

It's the posh folk upstairs we should feel sorry for.

David.

You must also remember cheapness, at present depends on nationality: at $2 per £, Brits are doing well.:D :D

You've got that right!!! We thought prices were kinda cheap, too, though. Especially after those $15 cocktails in NYC. :)

Puzzled by this post.

Ordered glass of Pinot Gigio, price was over $8, (bill submitted by wine waiter) but what really made me annoyed was that the glass was LESS than half full. I questioned the amount ( personally think he used the last of the bottle and could not be bothered to open another) He assured me that the amount in the glass was correct. I informed him politely but firmly that no where else had I ever had so small an amount for a so called "glass of wine" Next night when he enquired I replied, "Absolutely not , when I buy a glass of wine I want a glass of wine, not less than half" . Since 15% is added to the bill as a tip, he lost out for the whole of the voyage.

Cheat me once shame on him - if I let him cheat me twice shame on me.

Another night I bought a glass of champagne in the champagne bar, cost me $20. - hardly cheap.

• 2 weeks later...

Having just disembarked today from the QM2 I find that this discussion is focused on the price of the drinks. What it might be better concerned with is the value of the drinks (and , believe me, I purchased a good many of them) and what you get for what you pay.

The size of the pour of liquor is what you might expect in in the UK. I have lived there and in the US and I know the difference. In order to get what one would expect in a good US bar you would need to order a double on the QM2 to get a drink of the same size, in fact, many of the waiters on the ship will ask you if you would like a double when you are ordering - any reason to ask why they do this ?

There is no fault on Cunard's part other than not to specify the size of their pour, but do not compare their prices for a drink of decent or superior Scotch or Gin or whatever with that on another cruiseline that pours more in line with a US size drink.

Having said all that I must add that the professionalism and quality of service of the bar and waiter staff almost makes up for the small size of the drink.

However, I do think that Cunard should reconsider their pricing and/or size criteria. Having at one time being in the business I know that increasing the size of a drink to what is satisfying, rather than what one would have to consider skimpy,would be to their advantage, even if a slight increase in price was felt neccessary - and, believe me, there is lots of room to make that increase very slight indeed

Archived