Leaving car at Galveston hotel parking, secure?

cruisin53

We used the parking at Hotel Galvez last month when we went on the Ecstasy--it was covered parking, and there were no problems at all. Next month we will use one of the secured parking lots again for the 3rd time as we have 3 cars going down to Galveston.

We have always left our car at the pier parking in the past. Thinking about using hotel free parking this time. Anyone ever had a problem before with their car not being safe by doing this? This will be in Galveston.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on the Seawall 5 times, and all 5 times I left my car in their special parking lot and it was just fine. At this hotel though, it is not covered parking, but i do know that security regularly patrols the lot. I have never had a problem leaving it while on a cruise!:) I think I like the covered parking mentioned in the other post but have never had a problem leaving it uncovered.

• 4 weeks later...

We have cruised 8 times out of Galveston, and have left our van at the Holiday Inn (uncovered), the Econolodge (uncovered) and some independent lot, can't recall the name. Never had a problem, knock on wood!

hth, Jan

Archived