Westerdam CC'ers door decorations

Nicki61

This is a picture of MY door decorations for our Westerdam 11/25 cruise. I think we had 6 or 7 decorate their doors and it was fun. Mine how ever was super duper special. All the tags had our CC'ers name on them. It was fun. Also the boxes had small candy canes in them for people to take as they walked by. All were gone by the end of the cruise. We were right across from the Neptune Lounge, we got lots of nice coments.Cabin7062decoratedforChristmas.jpg

Everything was flat. The boxes(purchased at the dollar store) came flat and I had to open them up. The Palm tree, since I had to make that myself, was made in several pieces. The trunk, the sand base and the branches were in 3 pieces. My luggage did jingle alittle with the bell on the mistle toe though! lol

It was alot of fun. I will always decorate my door on any cruise from now on. Gives you just something else to keep you busy while waiting for the cruise.

Thanks for the compliment.

Nicki

Honestly, planning that door was the most fun I have had in along time. I had to plan it in my head, then find the palm tree online. Print it, blow it up, cut it out of construction paper and then figure out how to get it there in smaller pieces.

The dollar store was full of fun stuff to use. I will bank stuff I find from now on.

Thanks

Nicki is too modest to say that along with Pam (Teachergal29), she was the heart and soul of our CC group, and the life of the party. Great photo, Nicki - your door was a trip - it was great meeting you!

Nicki is too modest to say that along with Pam (Teachergal29), she was the heart and soul of our CC group, and the life of the party. Great photo, Nicki - your door was a trip - it was great meeting you!

O2B@C you are far too nice. But Thank you. It was a great group of CC'ers!

Nicki, I agree with O2B@C when saying that you were "the heart and soul" of our CC group. We all loved your enthusiasm. It was very contagious and that is what made this such a fantastic cruise!! It will be extremely hard to even come close to how much fun we had.

And yes, I nominate you as the winner of the door contest with all the others that participated definitely honorable mention!!

It got all of us in the spirit of the season.. Thank you:D

We are in 7062 for the 12-16 cruise? Hope you left some decorations for us. It looks like a good SA room. Any thing you need to tell us about the room or floor?

Is there an electric outlet where we can put Xmas lights on our balcony?

I hope the seas calm down before our trip

We are in 7062 for the 12-16 cruise? Hope you left some decorations for us. It looks like a good SA room. Any thing you need to tell us about the room or floor?

Is there an electric outlet where we can put Xmas lights on our balcony?

I hope the seas calm down before our trip

Sorry but I took the decorations down when we left. I didn't want to make more work of Lode or was it Herde? Anyway, I took them down and left the good stuff for him.

7062 is probably in our minds the best cabin. We called the glass elevators "our" elevators because twe used then everytime. And the cabin is only maybe 5 down from them. The then add in the fact you are directly across from the Neptune Lounge! How much better can it be??

To be honest I can't tell you about a plug on the balcony. I do know there is one right inside the cabin from the balcony, so you could use that one. We didn't put any lights out there. We did however have a battery candle on the balcony. Well one day we got back from port and apparently our balcony was in the sun all day. We had a rather droopy candle on our table. So if you have any wax on your balcony table it is from us.

I also left our CC sign in the bible just so someone could know a CCer had the cabin at one time.

Anyway the cabin along with the rest of the ship is great. The food we thought could use some attention. But to each his own.

Enjoy! I know you will.

Would you like to see some photos of the cabin??

Nicki

We made same day reservations and didn't call the NL until after 3. So I think what ever the deluxe suites want, you get. We got our dinner time and table changed without a problem. We ordered Hor'derves and got sent to our cabin enough for 4 or more people. We felt really bad so we cancelled them for the rest of the cruise. There is a bottle of bubbly also in your cabin. I ordered one for my DH, along with some baloons. Don't waste your money on that. For $40 I was ecpecting alittle more than 3 balloons laying on the bed and a bottle of champagne sitting there. Aneyway, MHO.

Send me an email and I will send you some photos. nbh61 at rochester dot rr dot com

Cool door! Do you happen to know what the dimensions of the door is?

Peter, I don't know the exact size. But I used a roll of wrapping paper to cover it and it was perfect. So possibly 36" wide, no more than that.

Nicki

Archived