A Photo For Anyone Who Has Complained About Carnival's Food...

Rowan555

Is that another piece of shrimp to the left of the red glob? What is that red stuff by the way? I have the shrimp cocktail every night on Carnival and it looks so much better than that!! :D

Huh, and I've always wanted to try NCL.

Hi Avril...I was reading this as well and was just about to ask what the "red thing" was? And someone said they thought the lemon slice was a bannana...me too I thought the same thing. Boy that dish looks terriable.

I have sailed twice on NCL and the first experience was the worst and only my second cruise...it it had been my first I probably would never have taken another cruise. The second NCL cruise we got 60% off because the first one was so bad...We did like our second cruise much better...better ship, crew, etc. But I have to tell you NCL is not widely known for good food...even in their pay restaurants...but I have not tried their steak house...could not get in.

From my experience and I have only sailed Carnival once...but CCL does have better food than NCL and RCCL...even tho' we enjoyed our RCCL experience a lot.

JMHO....

I was on RCCL , yes there ships are bigger and nicer, but there food is not as good as Carnival, CCL diff has them beat in food........... :D :D

That's what an amazing number of people say, as well.

I've not sailed RCCL but I have sailed NCL. The food and the activities on Carnival are far more to my liking. One would expect that for the price they demand the fare would be quite a bit better...

Pretty scary if you ask me :confused:

Fred

Of course on the NCL board I'm a "whiner" who can't have fun. Sorry, I just prefer the food and atmosphere on Carnival. I can see how a big group (such as the Cruise Critic members who went on the rep cruise) could have a blast on any cruise, but when it's just a couple hoping to have a good time at the disco, etc, and NOTHING is happening anywhere on the ship, it's pretty hard to have a good time. As I said on the NCL board, we had a good week and enjoyed ourselves, but you shouldn't have to WORK so hard to have fun - it should just be there waiting for you! It's Carnival for me from now on.

We're taking our first no-kids cruise on the Fantasy January 17th, and I am SO excited. Can't wait!!!

Honestly,......I don't think there's a cruise ship out there that can beat the shrimp coctails that you can get in Las Vegas.....Too bad!!!

I've been on most every major cruise line and I haven't found a truly decent one yet.....even Carnival's don't look that great! :rolleyes:

Sometimes it's all about taste. Just because it looks pretty doesn't mean that it tastes good. I was disappointed this cruise on the taste of the food. I've had better on past Carnival cruises. Lemons were a premium, had to keep asking for a lemon on Lido for the tea.

My parents found this to be the case last year on the Fantasy - limes were available, but they wanted lemons. They asked Sibert, the Lido Deck maitre d' on the first night, and each meal thereafter he brought them a plate of lemons as soon as they sat down. They just returned to the Fantasy last week and he REMEMBERED that they preferred lemons and brought it to them each time they ate on the Lido Deck!

NCL loyalist posting here. I will be on the Fantasy next fall and I would have to admit that the Carnival dining menus do look impressive. I thought the food on NCL was just fine. But if the food on Carnival is as good as it looks I may have a new line to frequent. Time will tell. I have to also admit that it is one sorry serving to say the least. Shimp cocktail @ Cagneys was more to my liking.

UNCLE PAULIE!!!!!:p

I loved my NCL cruise, and enjoyed the food. The food couldnt hold a candle to the food I had on Carnival, but it was good and well presented. It was difinately not of the caliber of Carnival's. On lobster night 1/2 a small tail was served, I guess that you could ask for more, but my partner didn't care for it, and he is an eater. I am not a seafood person, but he ordered shrimp cocktail in the Le bistro surcharge restaraunt and it was a pile of shredded lettuce with a few salad shrimp on top.

In all fairness the NCL cruise was super cheap, so I got what I paid for and then some.

MAC

That is the sorriest excuse for a Shrimp Cocktail I have ever seen! I am laughing inside as my BIL and SIL are on a NCL cruise right now and they are the types that think whatever ship they sail on is the BEST by far and it doesn't matter what others think that have been on the same cruise. They are in for a rude awakening. They have sailed CCL 4 times and thought NCL would be another "fun" ship. I told them up front that it is more sedate cruise line, but they figured I was just ragging on NCL, but to be honest, I always have more "fun" on CCL. I have sailed on other lines and I always come back to Carnival. I thought the food on NCL was ok, and very bland. Hope you found more shrimp below all that katsup, I mean cocktail sauce.

You know, I can go days without seeing a TV commercial for a cruise line. Today, after reading this thread, I've seen NCL ads 3 times!:D

Funny! I kind of had to laugh at the Freestyle concept, because it really didn't matter when we ate, there wasn't anything else to do before or after! We don't do the shows, and karaoke and other activities didn't begin until 10:30 PM or later. We would eat, drop the kids off at the kids' crew at 7 PM, then just wander around for 3 hours looking for something to do. I sure hope the Fantasy still has karaoke and other things going on earlier at night!

We were laughing so hard everyone was looking at us. I should have put my hand in the photo for reference - that scallop was less than an inch wide - look to the right of it and you'll see the shrimp. It was TINY.

One day we ordered shrimp and crab gumbo for lunch in the main dining room - there were strips of that fake crabmeat and then the tiniest shrimp I've ever seen. I think NCL must get their seafood from the Sea Monkey company. I'm talking ONE CENTIMETER shrimp.

By the end of the cruise I was walking around shouting "Viva Carnival!" And people were cheering.

.....like the waiter said in the joke.......of course they are small.......that is why they are called "shrimps".........:)

Archived