Need hotel suggestions

lissa626

We will be sailing out of NOLA in January, and need a few hotel suggestions. We really do not needs anything too fancy or expensive, but I would like it if we were comfortable and safe. We will not have a car with us, so parking is not a big deal. Just something that is close to the port terminal, that has a good reputation. Since our flight arrives at 4:30 in the afternoon, so we won't be checking in until 6 or so. Is there anything fun to do that latee at night that isn't too far? Any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks,

Melissa

When in January? If it's the weekend LSU plays in the dome (Jan 7th) you may be outta luck, the news said everything is sold out for the game.

If it's not then.. there are a few hotels around the port: Hilton, Marriot, Harrahs, Drury are close. Tons of hotels on canal.

• 3 weeks later...

If it's not then.. there are a few hotels around the port: Hilton, Marriot, Harrahs, Drury are close. Tons of hotels on canal.

Fantasy on Jan 21, 2008

What about that hotel for the weekend? Is it walking distance to anything?

I'm going alone, so I won't be wondering around at night.

Can I walk to Central Grocery, and Cafe Du Monde?

I've been wanting to get to New Orleans forever, so the time is now.

Thanks for any help

When in January? If it's the weekend LSU plays in the dome (Jan 7th) you may be outta luck, the news said everything is sold out for the game.

We are coming next Saturday and have had a heck of a time with hotel rooms. We bought our room BEFORE LSU moved up in the polls at the Hotel St. Christopher through a consolidator. Well, once LSU made it to the Championship, the St. Christopher BUMPED us to the Holiday Inn Superdome. Now, we can't walk to Harrah's. I called Best Western and the hotel and NO ONE would call me back or do anything. Greed, pure and simple. I am just praying the Holiday Inn treats us well and doesn't kick us out for a higher paying customer!!!!!

We are coming next Saturday and have had a heck of a time with hotel rooms. We bought our room BEFORE LSU moved up in the polls at the Hotel St. Christopher through a consolidator. Well, once LSU made it to the Championship, the St. Christopher BUMPED us to the Holiday Inn Superdome. Now, we can't walk to Harrah's. I called Best Western and the hotel and NO ONE would call me back or do anything. Greed, pure and simple. I am just praying the Holiday Inn treats us well and doesn't kick us out for a higher paying customer!!!!!

I can't believed they bumped you.. that is so rude! On Holiday Inn's website they have a complimentary shuttle for 3 miles:

Complimentary Local Area Shuttle Radius 3.0 MI

http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/hi/1/en/hotel/MSYDT/transportation

If they have the shuttle running you can get to Harrah's w/ that..

Fantasy on Jan 21, 2008

What about that hotel for the weekend? Is it walking distance to anything?

I'm going alone, so I won't be wondering around at night.

Can I walk to Central Grocery, and Cafe Du Monde?

I've been wanting to get to New Orleans forever, so the time is now.

Thanks for any help

There are 2 Cafe Du Monde's ... One in the Quarter and one in the Riverwalk mall.

I like going to the mall one because that's where the cruise ships parks and I get to watch them when they are in port.

I haven't ever been to Central Grocery :confused: So I couldn't tell you where that's at.

Archived