August Fishing in Cabo

tiggrbaby

My teen boys and husband would really like to go fishing in Cabo when we are on our cruise next August. I would like to give them a tour as a Christmas gift. I have been looking at different tours, but I am worried about booking a tour and then maybe having the port canceled due to storms and then being out all that money! Would this be something I could wait until the last minute to book, or should I just book something from the ship?

TIA!

My best recommendation would be to ask this question over at TripAdvisor (Cruise Critic's parent company) at the forum board just for Cabo.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowForum-g152515-i84-Cabo_San_Lucas_Los_Cabos_Baja_California.html

There are many avid fishermen and women there that can give you the best advice. They even sponsor their own little TripAdvisors fishing tournament every year. It will help if you can tell them when and what time the ship will pull in.

If you book privately, then you can maybe get a weather guarantee (if the ship doesn't pull in). If you book through the ship (more expensive and maybe not as good), then you should automatically get a weather guarantee (not 100% on this).

BTW; it is generally pretty hot and sometimes humid in Cabo in August so I hope you have some cool plans for yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

It rarely rains or has terrible weather over in Cabo. I was there 3 years ago in August and it was hot as anything. My father and I chose to go fishing just the two of us a daughter/father thing like when I was a child and I must say that you have to lather on the sun block because within a half hour they will all be burnt like lobsters. In the 5 hours that we were out fishing we could 9 mahi mahi!!! I am sure that you will be fine with it and I don't see why you can't book it as it gets closer just to be safe. Maybe before you leave a few days in advance go on the weather site and check out what the weather is supposed to be like just to reassure yourself. I must tell you though that when we got out of the airport and took the shuttle to the hotel we noticed all of the hotels were completely open. They had no front doors and everything was right there on the outside. When I asked about this they said it was because it is extremely rare that they have bad weather so they are fine with their papers and computers being so out in the open like that. I am sure they will be fine for fishing and will have a great time!

Archived