How much extra per bottle of alcohol on Conquest in Galveston??

407dm

How much extra is it to bring bottles of alcohol into the US in Galveston when you are over the 1 or 2 bottles that you are allowed to bring in for customs ????

I have only brought back the 2 bottles before but may want to bring some extra in January.

thanks for the info

Keep in mind that CBP can charge you an import fee but rarely do they do that. In addition, you have can be taxed by the State of Texas. When they are around. :D

http://www.tabc.state.tx.us/help/poe.htm

There is also a tax for cigarettes, but since I do not smoke... I found it!

CigarettesCarton

10 packs

$ 15.00Pack1.50

Though I've never seen the state at the terminal collecting their fees, just keep in mind - the limits the state of Texas puts on bringing alcohol back into the country is not a duty-free limit, it's a TOTAL limit. So, technically, you are not allowed to bring ANYTHING in over their stated limit. For Texas residents, this is basically one bottle of liquor per person of age. Sail out of Florida, and you can pay the duty on anything above that. Sail out of Texas, and technically they can confiscate the overage. Again, never seen them do it, but that's the state law. If you're a nonresident, you can bring more in, and pay the duty on anything over the one bottle, but again, go over that limit (which I believe is 4 liters? Can't remember), and technically they can take it from you.

Of course, this doesn't just apply to bringing it into the country, it's bringing it into the state. So they "could" take those bottles from me when I enter Texas coming home from Florida. But, thankfully, TABC has better things to do than patrol the airport for alcohol brought into the state. :rolleyes:

Though I've never seen the state at the terminal collecting their fees, just keep in mind - the limits the state of Texas puts on bringing alcohol back into the country is not a duty-free limit, it's a TOTAL limit. So, technically, you are not allowed to bring ANYTHING in over their stated limit. For Texas residents, this is basically one bottle of liquor per person of age. Sail out of Florida, and you can pay the duty on anything above that. Sail out of Texas, and technically they can confiscate the overage. Again, never seen them do it, but that's the state law. If you're a nonresident, you can bring more in, and pay the duty on anything over the one bottle, but again, go over that limit (which I believe is 4 liters? Can't remember), and technically they can take it from you.

Of course, this doesn't just apply to bringing it into the country, it's bringing it into the state. So they "could" take those bottles from me when I enter Texas coming home from Florida. But, thankfully, TABC has better things to do than patrol the airport for alcohol brought into the state. :rolleyes:

Explained very well Meredith:)

Doubt they would ever be at the terminal, but they COULD be. And for someone who sometimes have cruise dates close together, it's 30 days between trips to get that other bottle.

Archived