Princess "Any Time Dining" vs NCL "Freestyle Dining"

Wanderlust30

I read some of the comments that followed the picture. My conclusion: Those Carnival Cruisers don't know what a "cocktail" is. My opinion -- just feed those guys hamburgers and pizza. They will recognize that!

With so many Princess Cruises and only one NCL cruise on an old old ship being retired from NCL -- we thought the food in the NCL regular dining room comparable to Princess and the food in Le Bistro ($15 cover) and Chopsticks (no-charge) superior to Princess. We also found a "cheerful" service instead of a more formal approach dinner service on Princess. But then the entire cruise experience including food is so subjective. For other reasons, we remain Princess Loyals (though not cheerleaders). /Sultan

They didn't have any lobster.

Here is what NCL considers to be quality seafood:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=673122

As they say, a picture is worth a 1000 words.

We only got to eat at 1 free specialty restaurant the first night and the rest of the nights were the main dining room or buffet. The menus are far from what I am use to on Princess and Carnival and instead of having of hard time of choosing, I had a hard time trying to find something that would be half way edible. Never could get into the Italian restaurant and the boards around the ship never corresponded to the reality of tables.

Archived