A Photo For Anyone Who Has Complained About Carnival's Food...

Rowan555

Seafood Cocktail was offered as an appetizer one night on the NCL Spirit last week - shrimp cocktail was never an offering in the main dining rooms. The seafood cocktail consisted of shrimp, scallops, and calamari. It was kind of like playing "Where's Waldo" actually finding the seafood in the tiny dish.

seafoodcocktail.jpg

God Bless Carnival!

I was thinking "I Spy." I found the scallop and the calamari, but where's the shrimp?:(:eek:

We were laughing so hard everyone was looking at us. I should have put my hand in the photo for reference - that scallop was less than an inch wide - look to the right of it and you'll see the shrimp. It was TINY.

One day we ordered shrimp and crab gumbo for lunch in the main dining room - there were strips of that fake crabmeat and then the tiniest shrimp I've ever seen. I think NCL must get their seafood from the Sea Monkey company. I'm talking ONE CENTIMETER shrimp.

By the end of the cruise I was walking around shouting "Viva Carnival!" And people were cheering.

That doesn't even LOOK appealing.

My 6 year old daughter looked at it like, "What the hell is THIS?" On Carnival she gets the shrimp cocktail every night at dinner, and this was a letdown even for her. That lemon was a SMALL wedge, by the way, to put things in perspective.

Could you order a six pack of those things, or perhaps a bucket??

Wow... that's terrible...

Too funny.

And the desserts must have been made by a nursing home chef - seriously, ALL of them could be eaten by people with no teeth whatsoever. The main ingredient in each dessert was gelatin. Every night I just sighed and dreamed of warm chocolate melting cake...

Just so you know, I have a letter to Carnival in my mailbox waiting to be picked up this morning - I wrote that we did the NCL Spirit b/c Carnival doesn't have any 7 day itineraries out of NOLA right now, and that many, MANY other people on the cruise said the same thing. Doesn't hurt to ask yet again for another ship. We were docked next to Conquest in Cozumel, and when we left port there were about 50 of us up on the sports deck reaching out yelling, "TAKE US WITH YOU" to the people on the Conquest. It was hilarious, yet sad at the same time! I ran up a higher bar tab on the NCL Spirit than I ever have on any Carnival cruise, mainly because I was so damned BORED there was nothing else to do!

My 6 year old daughter looked at it like, "What the hell is THIS?" On Carnival she gets the shrimp cocktail every night at dinner, and this was a letdown even for her. That lemon was a SMALL wedge, by the way, to put things in perspective.

I misread your post and thought it said your 6 year old daughter SAID what the hell....lmao! I spit my coffee...lol!

Too funny.

And the desserts must have been made by a nursing home chef - seriously, ALL of them could be eaten by people with no teeth whatsoever. The main ingredient in each dessert was gelatin. Every night I just sighed and dreamed of warm chocolate melting cake...

The CMC was fantastic and we had it on the nights we didn't have the tarte tatin, the grand marnier souffle, the baked alaska, the banana diet cake...yet that was great too!!! So many people complain that the food is not as good on Carnival as it is on NCL. Well I have news for them! THE FOOD IS AS GOOD OR BETTER ON CARNIVAL... YOU JUST PROVED THAT.

Just so you know, I have a letter to Carnival in my mailbox waiting to be picked up this morning - I wrote that we did the NCL Spirit b/c Carnival doesn't have any 7 day itineraries out of NOLA right now, and that many, MANY other people on the cruise said the same thing. Doesn't hurt to ask yet again for another ship. We were docked next to Conquest in Cozumel, and when we left port there were about 50 of us up on the sports deck reaching out yelling, "TAKE US WITH YOU" to the people on the Conquest.

We were on deck 9 right across from your aft "rocks" (possibly a jacuzzi)when docked in CZM and I didn't see you asking to come with us but many of us noticed an old man on his balcony completely naked. He must have thought the glass was opaque. Now that was funny!

We will be on the VOS next year. Hope it's decent.

Maybe you were supposed to just smell it.:)

EW...I don't think I'd even go that far.

I don't eat seafood...but that's gross. That's like...ultra sad. This is the reason I will probably never sail on NCL.

DING DING DING - we have a winner!

Is that another piece of shrimp to the left of the red glob? What is that red stuff by the way? I have the shrimp cocktail every night on Carnival and it looks so much better than that!! :D

Huh, and I've always wanted to try NCL.

Archived