Ack! I leave one month from today and I am too fat!

tricializ

31 days till we leave for the cruise/Disney. Short of sewing my mouth shut, I have serious problems! Any ideas for a quick and easy diet (during Christmas no less!)? I am so excited that the countdown can officially begin. Now, I wish my kids knew because it is really hard to be excited all alone.

:)

Tricia

31 days till we leave for the cruise/Disney. Short of sewing my mouth shut, I have serious problems! Any ideas for a quick and easy diet (during Christmas no less!)? I am so excited that the countdown can officially begin. Now, I wish my kids knew because it is really hard to be excited all alone.

:)

Tricia

Now, that's just silly, Tricia! I don't think you are too fat to take the cruise. Last I heard, they don't have any weight restrictions on cruises! If they did, there would be a lot of empty cruise ships out there! I believe it was momX4, grandmaX4 who, just recently, returned from her Disney cruise and posted pictures on these boards. Check them out. I think you might be surprised and feel a lot better about yourself after seeing all the non-thin people in all stages of undress (meaning, shorts, bathing suits, etc.) We're going on the same cruise in a month (Magic leaving on January 12, right?), and trust me, I'm no Victoria's Secret model either. Far from it. But I've reached a stage in my life where I just don't let it upset me. And as far as dieting for a month before the cruise, chances are that you'll end up gaining weight and not losing due to the stress of feeling that you need to lose a certain amount of weight in only a month - especially during the holidays! So, my suggestion is to lighten up on yourself, relax, enjoy the holiday season, and we'll get together on the cruise and laugh at all the "skinny stick" people on board!

piscescruiser is right, relax. You see people of all sizes and shapes in bathing suits, shorts, tank tops and nobody thinks anything about it.

we are always our worst critic as far as our looks go.

Mickey will love to see you no matter what your wieght is;)

Go and have a Magical cruise,

mom x4,grandma x4

I, personally think you should become an anorexic, beginning now!!!!!!

Or a bulemic....which ever suits you best!!!!!! Perging can be so much fun!!!!!! :eek:

Then, when you get on the ship you'll be so sick you won't care what you look like! You could even pray for a norovirus to strike and you could lose even more weight!!!!!!! :o

Sound ridiculous? That's what I thought when I read your post..........Of course, none of the above was serious.......Wait til you hit the ship and see the various sizes of your fellow passengers!!!!!!

Enjoy you cruise!

I, personally think you should become an anorexic, beginning now!!!!!!

Or a bulemic....which ever suits you best!!!!!! Perging can be so much fun!!!!!! :eek:

Then, when you get on the ship you'll be so sick you won't care what you look like! You could even pray for a norovirus to strike and you could lose even more weight!!!!!!! :o

Sound ridiculous? That's what I thought when I read your post..........Of course, none of the above was serious.......Wait til you hit the ship and see the various sizes of your fellow passengers!!!!!!

Enjoy you cruise!

You guys are so funny. Actually I guess you are right. I always feel sort of skinny when I go to Disney. LOL I would just like my summer clothes to fit loosely, you know? Not skinny but just fitting in my clothes. LOL Thanks for the advice. I think I'll pass on the norovirus. :)

Tricia

If you're so fat that you need a seat belt extender, then yeah... maybe a little crash diet.

But if you still fit in a regular seat belt? Then hey, you're just fluffy!! More for Mickey to hug :)

Seriously, I felt the same way before my cruise in November. I didn't really diet, the more I stressed out about it the worse I felt. And I just made sure to always leave something on my plate (at each course hahaha) and I only gained 2 pounds in the week. Not bad.

If you're so fat that you need a seat belt extender, then yeah... maybe a little crash diet.

But if you still fit in a regular seat belt? Then hey, you're just fluffy!! More for Mickey to hug :)

Seriously, I felt the same way before my cruise in November. I didn't really diet, the more I stressed out about it the worse I felt. And I just made sure to always leave something on my plate (at each course hahaha) and I only gained 2 pounds in the week. Not bad.

You know, I'm not worried about the cruise itself since there are so many delicious choices like fruits and stuff. I typically lose weight on vacation (go figure). LOL I have probably gained about 5-10 pounds since summer and my clothes are just too tight. So, I would like to drop that so that I can actually have something to wear. :)

Tricia

Are you going to tell your kids about the cruise at Christmas? I booked my family of 8 on a cruise while on our cruise last April. I have kept it a secret all this time and I can't wait until Christmas to tell the kids! They are going to freak lol. I am doing the box within a box thing and each box will have hints. I bought the kids Disney PJs, marakas, a sombraro(sp?) and we bought a Magic ornament while on the last cruise. I also took some extra luggage tags with the characters on them --one for each kid. I put the date and cabin #s on the tags. What are you going to do to tell yours?

As far as the weight--do you work out? If not you need to start! lol. You have to care about it all the time everyday not just when a trip is coming up ;) . I workout 5-6 days a week every week. I have 6 kids (including a set of twins) I'm 36, I eat whatever I want and I am a size 4. Diets don't work. It's all about getting a good sweat in and you will feel better. Now drop and give me 20! :D

Are you going to tell your kids about the cruise at Christmas? I booked my family of 8 on a cruise while on our cruise last April. I have kept it a secret all this time and I can't wait until Christmas to tell the kids! They are going to freak lol. I am doing the box within a box thing and each box will have hints. I bought the kids Disney PJs, marakas, a sombraro(sp?) and we bought a Magic ornament while on the last cruise. I also took some extra luggage tags with the characters on them --one for each kid. I put the date and cabin #s on the tags. What are you going to do to tell yours?

My kids know about our Wonder cruise next year. But I have just booked 11/09 (!!!!) on the Magic, and am thinking I would like to wait to tell them NEXT Christmas, like what you are doing. I think it would be great. Your hints are terrific. I'm just not sure I can keep a secret for a whole YEAR!

They'll be thrilled either way!

Good grief, Tricia, if I had know it was only 5-10 pounds you wanted to lose, I'm not sure I would have been quite so compassionate! :eek:

I thought we were talking like 30, 40 pounds....something to really whine about. Trust me, I don't think anyone is going to look at you and comment, "Girl, you sure do need to lose five pounds!" :rolleyes:

I take back what I said. We're not going to hang out and laugh at the stick people because you're one of them!!! I'll stay with the fluffy crowd who need to lose a few more than five to ten pounds but just don't give a hoot!;)

Tricia -- if you're on the January 12th western Magic cruise, we can feel fat together. I, too, have gained weight since summer and since my last cruise and I HATE it!!! I'm afraid to try on my formal clothes becuase I just know those dresses don't fit. I had lost a whole bunch of weight (that needed to be lost) after contracting a stomach parasite from my newly adopted daughter from Russia and that weight that I lost just keeps coming back. It almost makes me want that nasty bug back again:o . I could call it the parasite diet :D .

In any case, on this cruise I'll be the formerly-only-slightly-overweight-middle-aged-woman-who-keeps-gaining-all-the-weight-back:rolleyes:. I do know that we will not be the largest ladies on board and that makes me feel a little better;)

Cathy

I've had enough of this thread....I'm going to open my "secret stash" and have a gingerbread man......

And, "Picescruiser", I hope that your cruise is a really fun one....enjoy your "Grands"; relax; eat and give all the people who are not so self absorbed with their looks a big hug from me!!!!!!!! ;)

I've had enough of this thread....I'm going to open my "secret stash" and have a gingerbread man......

And, "Picescruiser", I hope that your cruise is a really fun one....enjoy your "Grands"; relax; eat and give all the people who are not so self absorbed with their looks a big hug from me!!!!!!!! ;)

Thanks, Wiz - you must be a great friend to have around. I'll have to look for someone like you! I'm with you...this thread is nonsense. If anyone's so worried about the 5-10 lbs. gained, then they should not have chosen a cruise vacation, and instead should have stayed home and spent all day at the gym! Happy Cruisings to you, too!

Archived