Got my hard copy docs today!

mbisson

Received on line docs about a month ago and got my hard copy documents in the mail today (including the luggage tags).

Since I had the on line documents, I wasn't a 100% sure I would get the regular documents (some say yes, some say no). Just posting this as I know there have been questions about it in the past. YMMV

Who did you book thru- NCL , TA, online TA ?

Went thru my NCC PCC "Fran". She's been great and has gone to bat for me a couple times on different items on this cruise and my cruise next year on the Dawn as well. I'm not exactly sure if NCL considers this a direct booking or not. If I just book off their website, they don't pay anyone a commission. The PCCs do receive a commission (I don't know if the rate is the same as what NCL pays "regular" travel agents though)

I know of a site that can usually save me at least a few $ on NCL cruises, but unless it's a large difference, I'll probably stick with her (Fran) for all the service that she provides.

Received on line docs about a month ago and got my hard copy documents in the mail today (including the luggage tags).

Since I had the on line documents, I wasn't a 100% sure I would get the regular documents (some say yes, some say no). Just posting this as I know there have been questions about it in the past. YMMV

We got our docs and luggage tags last week (hard copies). And we got the E Doc's today... not going to print the luggage tags.

As I have not sailed NCL nor used E Docs previously, does this mean boarding should be faster?

This whole trip has a lot new for me.. never flown Jet Blue ,never cruised NCL and never have done all the E Docs before this trip.

I may be getting older AND wiser after this trip.:D

Strange you got the E Docs first and I got them after. I did use an online TA as I had done well with them before this trip.

We got our docs and luggage tags last week (hard copies). And we got the E Doc's today... not going to print the luggage tags.

As I have not sailed NCL nor used E Docs previously, does this mean boarding should be faster?

This whole trip has a lot new for me.. never flown Jet Blue ,never cruised NCL and never have done all the E Docs before this trip.

I may be getting older AND wiser after this trip.:D

Strange you got the E Docs first and I got them after. I did use an online TA as I had done well with them before this trip.

We book directly with NCL. Our edocs are emailed right after final payment.

Our hard copies w/luggage tags arrive in the mail several weeks later.

Boarding is faster (except for those who forget to print out their edocs).

Just be sure to have a copy of your edocs (which you need) and a copy of your on-line registration (which we have never needed) on hand.

E-docs are like the preprinted boarding passes that you can now do on-line for you air trip.

Have a great cruise:)

Yup...the same happens to us.

We do receive the hard copies (along with luggage tags) in the mail as long as we are booked more than 30 days out.

That's why I never print out the on-line luggage tags...they always come in the mail. You can always print them out at the last minute but we have never had to do that:)

We booked through our TA and made final payment on Monday..Will we get our documents mailed to us? Or, will our TA send them to us? Should I go online and try to print our our E-Docs.. I am new to NCL also and this is all new to me:p. Our TA is on vacation and I know I have 2 months to go but I am very excited :D

We book directly with NCL. Our edocs are emailed right after final payment.

Our hard copies w/luggage tags arrive in the mail several weeks later.

Boarding is faster (except for those who forget to print out their edocs).

Just be sure to have a copy of your edocs (which you need) and a copy of your on-line registration (which we have never needed) on hand.

E-docs are like the preprinted boarding passes that you can now do on-line for you air trip.

Have a great cruise:)

Thanks for the info! I have printed everything there is to print I think. :eek: So we should have everything. We are putting it in a binder that way it will all be together. My DD said I hope they don't mind punch holes. :D

Went thru my NCC PCC "Fran". She's been great and has gone to bat for me a couple times on different items on this cruise and my cruise next year on the Dawn as well. I'm not exactly sure if NCL considers this a direct booking or not. If I just book off their website, they don't pay anyone a commission. The PCCs do receive a commission (I don't know if the rate is the same as what NCL pays "regular" travel agents though)

I know of a site that can usually save me at least a few $ on NCL cruises, but unless it's a large difference, I'll probably stick with her (Fran) for all the service that she provides.

Hey, Monte, I think we have the same PCC. My "Fran" is also wonderful and has really given us fantastic service. We got the real docs for our cruise last February, and I'm looking for the same real docs for our February 2008 cruise.

We booked through our TA and made final payment on Monday..Will we get our documents mailed to us? Or' date=' will our TA send them to us? Should I go online and try to print our our E-Docs.. I am new to NCL also and this is all new to me:p. Our TA is on vacation and I know I have 2 months to go but I am very excited :D [/color']

Your edocs must be emailed to you for you to print them out.

I've never used a TA..I assume the edocs are emailed to him/her.

You can go to the NCL site (under "Advance Guest Registration) and print out your registeration forms - IF you have your NCL reservation number not a TA booking number.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

Deepnite 10----How odd I just checked our luggage tags and they are different than our assigned cabin number and it's so weird as we're on the same cruise. What do you think? This was in our hard copies from TA. Guess I'll go back online and check to see what those luggage tags say.

Deb

deb..i answer d your other thread regarding this problem..it seem s the problem was limit d to just our cruise..

the NCL reservationist did nt know anything about the problem..neither

did their customer service..

i just black d out part of the cabin number and wrote in the correct cabin..

Your edocs must be emailed to you for you to print them out.

I've never used a TA..I assume the edocs are emailed to him/her.

You can go to the NCL site (under "Advance Guest Registration) and print out your registeration forms - IF you have your NCL reservation number not a TA booking number.

Have a wonderful cruise:)

When I go to http://www.ncl.com/edocs and sign in under my reservation number, I am able to print them out from there.:)

That is so cool about receiving regular docs, I haven't had any since my first cruise on Carnival. Since I booked my next cruise earlier than usual, maybe I will receive them this time. I love that, it's like getting a present in the mail!

Our TA is sailing NCL at the moment. NCL site says my edocs are not ready to print (we sail the 19 Jan - and finally payment made end of Oct) - nothing in the mail. Is this a fairly common wait time or should I start rattling cages? (we have 6 cabins booked).

• 1 month later...

On Friday, we received a little packet from NCL. It included our luggage tags, Shore Excursion Book, Welcome Aboard book and a letter. The letter reminds us to complete online registration (as if I needed to be reminded-that was done the instant NCL had my reservation in their system!), reminder to book excursions and a P.S. at the bottom that states the they will be emailing us or our travel professional our cruise documents (eDocs) very soon.

I like the real luggage tags, printing them out on the printer is just plain dumb--they must all be ripping.

FYI: 3/14/08 Jewel, booked through online agency (hopefully my eDocs are coming directly to me)

So as I posted on the Roll Call for this sailing, we were doing the luggage tag dance, not the document dance-like the old days!

Hi - I made final payment for a March sailing aboard the Sun in the beginning of January and received my e-docs immediately after final payment, and just received my hard copy docs on Saturday. I did not, however, receive any coupons (2 for 1 drink specials) as I have read about in other threads. Has anyone else received these?

Hi - I made final payment for a March sailing aboard the Sun in the beginning of January and received my e-docs immediately after final payment, and just received my hard copy docs on Saturday. I did not, however, receive any coupons (2 for 1 drink specials) as I have read about in other threads. Has anyone else received these?

The coupons were promised by my online TA - not NCL. Don't know if that makes a difference..

Archived