Star - Puerto Vallarta - Ship vs. Local Time

upfee

Hello!

Does anyone who has been on the Star know the difference between ship and local time?

Basically I am trying to determine if we have time to do both Los Veranos and get massages at Krystal. Itinerary indicates we are in port from 9AM to 5PM.

Has anyone just "walked-in" to Krystal for massages without an appointment?

Thanks!

The Star will change its time forward one hour as it heads south, and back one hour after leaving Cabo. When I was on the Star (October 2005) the tour guide in PV was still one hour ahead of us. I am not clear if PV is one or two hours ahead of Los Angeles.

In Acapulco the local time will be one hour ahead of the ship's time. KEEP YOUR WATCH ON SHIP'S TIME. Let the tour guides worry about the difference between local and ship time.

Hi,

On every cruise I've been on, the ship changes the time to match the local time. Otherwise, can you imagine how confusing it would be?

Sue

The Star will change its time forward one hour as it heads south, and back one hour after leaving Cabo. When I was on the Star (October 2005) the tour guide in PV was still one hour ahead of us. I am not clear if PV is one or two hours ahead of Los Angeles.

In Acapulco the local time will be one hour ahead of the ship's time. KEEP YOUR WATCH ON SHIP'S TIME. Let the tour guides worry about the difference between local and ship time.

This is exactly right. The ship will go from Pacific to Mountain time on the first night(1 hour forward). Acapulco, Zihuatanejo and Puerto Vallarta are in the Central Time Zone, so their time will be one hour later than ship's time. Cabo is in the Mountain Time Zone so time will be the same.

Watch out though... the area of Nuevo Vallarta is in the state of Nayarit and therefore in a different time zone to Puerto Vallarta. Many businesses will not observe the change, but if you are travelling north to NV, it is worth bearing in mind so as to avoid confusion!!

Mark

Watch out though... the area of Nuevo Vallarta is in the state of Nayarit and therefore in a different time zone to Puerto Vallarta. Many businesses will not observe the change, but if you are travelling north to NV, it is worth bearing in mind so as to avoid confusion!!

Mark

Which is why I said I didn't know if PV was one or two hours ahead of Los Angeles.

Archived