Nassau help please - taking the folks & looking for a bit of paradise

w&k

Fellow cruisers-

I'm trying to find a small slice of paradise to help my in-laws celebrate their 50th anniversary. My Mother-in-law is a bit limited in mobility so the less walking, the better.

We will be in Nassau for a full day in May(Sovereign), and I would like to find someplace to spend the day that has shade, beach, pool, drinks, eats, etc.

From looking at posts on this board, all I'm seeing is CS/Atlantis or the all-inclusives, but that's WAY too large and $$$.

Thanks for your help & ideas!

Wendy
Sovereign of the Seas May 10 '04 [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img]

You can either head to Cable Beach to the Radisson or Nassau Beach Hotel, or stay in town and go to the British Colonial Hilton. You can walk to the Hilton from the dock, it's the flagship of downtown Nassau.

[url="http://www.nassau.hilton.com"]www.nassau.hilton.com[/url] (open the Hotel fact sheet to see the property)

The beach is small and quiet, the property lush and serene, there's a small pool, spa, and outdoor bar and grill.
There are walkways throughout, makeing it easy to get around.

I believe they allow cruise ship passengers to use the property for $15/$20.
You can enter the property thru the side door at the end of Bay Street (double Glass Doors looks like a bank entrance and then follow the path thru the gate to the beach. (see the guys in the towel shack), or go around the block to the front entrance and check in with the front desk. Either way, it's a lovely way to spend the day.

• 2 weeks later...
My Mom is disabled and we cruised on the Disney Wonder in 2002 and we took a van to Atlantis did the day passes are were able to enjoy the aquariums and such. The van driver also gave us a tour of the island and it was just the right amount of time before she got tired and we headed back to the ship for a late lunch, have fun!

Archived