Vila Shore Tours

Kezzie81

Could any one suggest which of the tours offered in Vila would be the most worthwild? There seem to be so many to chose from and so little time!

Kez

Hi Kez,

Could you narrow it down a bit for us. What sort of stuff do you like to do?

Cheers

Geoff

Could any one suggest which of the tours offered in Vila would be the most worthwild? There seem to be so many to chose from and so little time!

Kez

Hi Kez,

If you like snorkelling and want a nice buffet lunch then go to Iririki Island, when we were in Vila last month we went there. It only cost $2.00 a head for a taxi to the jetty and then a free water taxi to the island. The snorkelling at Snorkellers cove was excellent and you actually go to almost the same spot as the shore tour goes. Lunch cost us $30.00 each and there was a band playing while we ate. You also get to use the pools on the island if you have lunch there. After that we got the water taxi back to the mainland and went duty free shopping and a taxi back to the ship.

We had a great day.

Don

Im sorry. We have heard about the duty free shop at the end of the main street near a gravel car park. So we plan to go there (duty free alcohol for home! We heard its very good in Vila). So perhaps a half day tour, we enjoy most things but as there are 4 of us with various tastes, I think we were really trying to get an idea of what past, more experienced cruisers enjoyed the most. We would also like to see a little of Vila.

I would recommend the Cascade Waterfalls tour.

It goes for approx 2 hours and I think price is around $70.00 when booked with P&O.

Not only do you go on a great walk to the waterfalls, but you also get to swim under the waterfalls and in the rock pools.

Hope you have a great time in Vila :)

i also did the cascade trip when in port vila , and would highly recommend it.We found that you can haggle for a good price ,a taxi , we asked the taxi driver to take us to the cascades and he also took us through a village and we met some locals and then you pay them when you get back to port vila.

My husband, teen daughters and I really enjoyed the Vila City Highlights tour (actually we've been on it twice now!) It's on page 52 of the shore tours book. As it's only a couple of hours long it still leaves you plenty of time to look at the markets and shops afterwards and at the end of the tour they are happy to drop you off in the city near the shops, that saves you going back to the ship and then having to get a taxi or bus back in.Pink Poodle.:)

The cascades tour is wonderful. I've done it twice with P&O and once under my own steam (for a lot less $$).

We've decided to book the Taste of Vila tour for our next trip there. It takes you to 4 different pubs for a beer, wine or soft drink at each one. I think that would give you a pretty good look at Vila while being taken between each stop :)

Another great way to see it all is to do a deal with a cabbie for a tour. Make sure you agree on a price before you get in though as i've heard a few horror stories ;) We did this once but it was in a bus (mini van) with 4 others and only cost us about $20 each :)

Archived