And you thought dress code rules are controversial

tbelian

How about this ?:

http://www.freep.com/sports/othersports/rydercup/phones9e_20040909.htm

Note: Jeans will be ok. For this event only, organizers will not enforce the club's dress code.

Keep in mind, some of the people attending paid hundreds, up to thousands for tickets to this event! ...

Oh, and you don't really get to SEE the 'rules' until you have your ticket in hand (kind of like the cruise tickets).

The "no cell phone" and "no camera" policies at golf events have been around for awhile. Perhaps most of the people interviewed in the article have not attended a PGA event before? Anyway, I don't think I want to be caught by Steve Williams with a cell phone camera in my hand. :eek:

-Rich

The "no cell phone" and "no camera" policies at golf events have been around for awhile. Perhaps most of the people interviewed in the article have not attended a PGA event before? Anyway, I don't think I want to be caught by Steve Williams with a cell phone camera in my hand. :eek:

-Rich

I know they have been around for a while ... and you know they have been around for a while.... however, this is a 'first time in this area' event. I bet a lot of people will be pretty upset when they show up at the gate.

Then again, Celebrity's dress suggestions have been around for a while too, and yet, people still talk about that endlessly. You'd think some people have never been on a Celebrity cruise before.

however, this is a 'first time in this area' event. I bet a lot of people will be pretty upset when they show up at the gate.

tbelian: Have to disagree with the 'first time in this area' event statement. Oakland Hills is a major player in U.S. Golf. I believe they have held 6 U.S. Opens there, the last in '96. In addition the Buick Open is an annual PGA event that is held within 50 miles of Oakland Hills. The people around that area are pretty 'golf' savvy.

I had to laugh at the woman quoted in the article, who was afraid to cut the umbilical cord to her children. I was expecting pre-teens to teens. Her kids were 19-30 something. She needs to get a life. If she cant be without hearing from them for 8 hours, then she can watch the matches on TV.

BTW and just for info. I spent my teen years (5 of them) caddying at Oakland Hills. :cool:

tbelian: Have to disagree with the 'first time in this area' event statement. Oakland Hills is a major player in U.S. Golf.

BTW and just for info. I spent my teen years (5 of them) caddying at Oakland Hills. :cool:

The Ryder Cup is the first time I was referring too.

My cousins caddied at Oakland Hills. Mostly all Rice graduates (well, the boys anyway).

Sorry, but I grew up pokin around the DGC.

:)

Still the only sport where players call penalties on themselves. Where the union does not demand a drugged up player be re-instated, where outdated, stupid and idiotic things like manners, courtesy and good behavior are the norm versus the exception.

But, of course, just like on a cruise ship, there will be those screaming that their civil rights are being trounced, that they paid for the !)@(#*$$^# tickets and they will do anything they $($*$&$$* well please!

Archived