Quest laundry room

sweetdardar

We were the lucky couple to be in room 7068, which is directly behind the laundry room. The laundry room was not even a thought when we booked that room or we would not have done so. Unfortunately, the washers are right up against our headboard, so sleeping in late, napping in the afternoon were both impossible. The laundry room echos so that when people talk, we can hear their whole conversation as if they were sitting in our room, shutting the washer doors and the spin cycle was like a tornado was coming through. Several complaints did cause them to change the hours of opening from 8am to 9am but the cleaning personnel would go in any time between 6am until opening to clean and mostly socialize.

We were offered another room after a week of complaints but it was the only room available which was on 4 all the way forward over the anchor, like that was a good switch. Anyways, I am a light sleeper but my husband is not as was in submarines for 20 years but even he was woken up every morning that we did not get up before 7am

They are aware of the problem but I don't know what they can do to fix it.

Hi Sweetdardar:

Sorry to hear about your experience. It is hard to imagine why it took a week of complaints to finally offer you another room. I don't blame you for not wanting to jump out of the frying pan and into the fire!

I am certainly no expert, but one would think that sound deadening material between the rooms would do the trick. I feel sorry for all the others who will someday get your same cabin. I hope that, at least, they gave you an extra on board credit of some kind for the inconvenience.

I'm glad that I was able to help, and no, they did'nt offer us anything as they felt that they offered us another room and if we did'nt want that, oh well.

It didn't matter that the other room was worse than where we already booked. We learned to deal with it, I am just cranky in the morning when I don't have an option when to wake up in the morning while on vacation.

Archived