Massages in Mazatlan, PV and Cabo san Lucas

shops54

A good place for massages in Mazatlan is the Aroma Spa. It's in the old town section, and the cabbies know where it is - it was a $10 cab ride. I had a wonderful one hour treatment for $25. We found out about it from a crewmember, and recognized several staffers going in, which I'd say is a pretty good endorsement!

Critterchick -

Did you have an appointment or is service available on a "walk in" basis? Did there appear to be a long wait? I've tried to make a reservation on the website that I found on another thread, but it appears to be currently out of commission.

Thanks for the info!

We had an appointment made by our crewmember friend. Five of us came at the same time, but it looks like they have 8-10 rooms, plus they have rooms in another building, so you could probably go as a walk in, although I'd advise going in the morning if you're going to do that. There is some nice shopping within a couple of blocks if you have to wait.

Berliner,

Walk out the port gate and take a right and walk 4-6 blocks. Give yourself about 15 minutes to be safe. It's a safe area and you pass 3-4 other hotels on the way. The Krystal is on the right - set back just a bit. You stop in at the desk and they will give you a map of the resort and send you back. You will see 3 attached tents and a little outdoor seating area around a tree or palapa where you wait for the attendant. It is just up the sand from the beach and the hot tubs are down the beach to the left and the pool is on beach to the right.

Remember two things: 1. You must pay cash and 2. The Krystal is on PV time and your ship (HAL for sure) may be on another time. Let me clarify: My ship time was 4:00 when we arrived for our 5:00 massage. It was indeed wonderful and my husband, who was a bit skittish about having a massage but did it for me (we had a couple's massage for our 20th anniversary) just loved it. And yes you can use their facilities.

I believe the answer above takes you out on to the main road. There's another route. When you exit the white customs gate (I don't know how else to describe it but you'll recognize it when you're there), make a right, staying within the cruise terminal boundaries. Walk toward the flea market area in the back. Before you get to it, on the left side will be a gate leading out to a small street. It's next to a hotel that's 2-3 stories high (mustard colored as I recall). Walk straight down that street till it dead ends/curves back on to the main street.

Where it dead ends is the Krystal. There'll be a guard at the gate. If you tell them you have a massage appointment, they'll let you through without collecting a day fee. The guard will likely not speak English though so you'll need to say "Tengo una cita del masaje." The guard won't have a map for you but here's where you go from there:

There will be a path on the right going toward the beach. Take that till you reach another path/road right before you hit the main pool area. If you get to the pool/beach, you've gone too far. Make a left on that path and keep walking till you pass the huge palapa hut bar by the main pool. You'll see Millenium's huts on the right hand side in a grassy area. It's next to one of the hotel room buildings with a kiddie pool next to it.

Thanks very much, i know where we'll be in a few weeks :) .

We had massages at the Krystal in October, they were great. I had the same problem with the slow response to emails but they finally did respond. I had the 4 hand massage, and frankly, I think I prefer a normal 2 hand better. The 4 hand was kinda like sensory overload where you could not concentrate on enjoying one spot because there was always something going on somewhere else. If that makes any sense at all! Enjoy!!:D

===

You should try the Ayurvedic massage in India...FOUR people work on you simultaneously while the fifth is heating up the oils!!

Very therapeutic if a course is followed.

Prat

Archived