what is carnival vacation club?

I was reading some old post, where it talked about carnival vacation club, they try to get you to join. Then as a prize for listening you recieved a coupon for buy one airplane flight and get the next one free, upto 350 dollars. I think this post was back in 05. Just wondering if they offer this anymore?

I was reading some old post, where it talked about carnival vacation club, they try to get you to join. Then as a prize for listening you recieved a coupon for buy one airplane flight and get the next one free, upto 350 dollars. I think this post was back in 05. Just wondering if they offer this anymore?

I am a Carnival Vacation Club Member and they no longer offer or stopped Membership packages on their ships. Current Membership is still valid until it expires.

The way it works, you buy a package that consist of points, you use your points to book your cruises, so your cruises are pretty much pre-paid. 20,000 points got me onboard 4 cruises. They also give 3 Land Shore certificates and 2 for 1 airfare coupons. There are more perks like VIP boarding and they used to have VIP parties onboard etc.

Fred

Vacation club GRRRRRR....My wife and I joined the Vacation club in May 2004 while on the Carnival Spirit. We used all of our points to the get the best cabin on Carnival Freedom for the 12 day Med cruise this past summer. Outside of no waiting in line upon embarking and the free chocolate covered strawberries that await us in our cabin each cruise, the vacation club is a compete failure for me. The vacation club is a separate entity from carnival. As for the airline vouchers we received, we have never been able to use them. That has been a hassle to even try to use, we just gave up. Anytime that we have use any services through the vacation club, they take our money just fine but actually using any services through them is a pain. For example; My wife exchanged our Vouchers(3) for the resort stays for discounts off future cruises. They took out $297 for the exchange but failed to state that they ( discount vouchers) are only good on selected cruises. When we called them back to ask why we were not told of this, we get the usual answers which is " Who told you that they were good on all cruises",.. or ..." I do not know why they told you that".. or ..."They should not have told you that". Another example; When we booked our cruise on the Carnival Pride for May 08 we "tried" to book through the vacation club and we wanted to use those vouchers, " sorry can't use those vouchers on this cruise. So, I ask " what will the price be with my military discount?'.. .."Mmmmm.. Military discount??????.. I do not know, I will have to to call Carnival.. let me call you back" he says. While waiting for the call back ,we called our PVP and booked the cruise with my military discount as usual. Before the vacation club could call us back, about 15 mins later, we already had our booking number for the cruise though our PVP. It turns out that the vacation club gave us the same price as our PVP. Makes sense to me ..as he had to go trough Carnival anyway to book the reservation. Outside of attempting to use our discount vouchers we will not be using any future vacation club services.

As Fred stated, this program has been discontinued but all current contracts are being honored until the last ones expire around May 2012.

Most people purchased it for the VIP Check In and Debarkation since they would get that benefit on all cruises whether they used points or paid cash for 3 - 5 years...depending on the length of their contract.

Archived