shore tours suggestions for kids

Luxy 1

Hi all,

We have booked a 3 week cruise next Nov from Brisbane to Sydney, Melbourne, Tasmania and New Zealand. We will be travelling with our two children who will be 11 and 9 (boy and girl respectively). I realise that a lot of these ports are big for sightseeing, scenery etc (particularly NZ), but we are looking for tours/ideas for things to do that the kids will enjoy, remember, find interesting. Has anyone got any suggestions? Has anyone done a cruise of this length with their kids??? Any pointers/suggestions??

Thanks for your help. Looking forward to your replies.

Tanya

My kids were slightly older but they loved the thermal springs and hot mud pools at rotorua. the ladies throw corn on the cob in to the pools where it cooks and you can eat it.there was also a traditional dispaly of singing and dancing including the haka

there is also the agradome if they are like adventure type of things like the zorb, bungi jumping and jet boat racing.

there is a cadbury factory at dunedin which all kids (and adults) seem to love.

maybe they would enjoy the scenic railway trip or walking up the steepest street in the world, baldwin street in dunedin.

If in melbourne or sydney try and check out if there is a football game on like "aussie rules" that might be something different for them to do

sydney taronga zoo is worth a look especially if you go over on the ferry.

They would have to go to a wildlife park somewhere to see the natural animals like kangaroos and koalas and ekidnas. They do not roam the streets here!!!

if you want further information let me know or i am sure others will give you some great advice

Archived