Which hotel in Aruba

jonj

I am looking at my hotel options in Aruba that I can use frequent flyer miles to get a room for the day to use the facilities there

The choices are

Renaissance

Ocean Suites

Hyatt Regency

Occidental Aruba

Which would everyone choose and maybe a reason why you prefer one of the other it would be very helpful to me

Thanks to everyone for your help

Been to Aruba many times -- the Renaissance is beautiful and has its own private island where a boat leaves from the hotel lobby. Island has an "adult" side and regular side with restaurant, etc. You can see iguanas, pink flamingos, etc. We were just in Aruba 12/9-14/2007 and stayed at Holiday Inn Sunspree on Palm Beach in high rise area. Hyatt is in that vicinity -- nice beach with lots of things to do i.e. watersports, restaurants, etc. Can't go wrong in Aruba! :)

Ocean Suites is actually part of the Renaissance.

Hyatt is the most expensive, most highly rated.

Occidental all inclusive, so more "bang for your buck"?

Hyatt and Occidental are next door to one another on Palm Beach, so essentially same beach.

• 2 weeks later...
Been to Aruba many times -- the Renaissance is beautiful and has its own private island where a boat leaves from the hotel lobby. Island has an "adult" side and regular side with restaurant, etc. You can see iguanas, pink flamingos, etc. We were just in Aruba 12/9-14/2007 and stayed at Holiday Inn Sunspree on Palm Beach in high rise area. Hyatt is in that vicinity -- nice beach with lots of things to do i.e. watersports, restaurants, etc. Can't go wrong in Aruba! :)

I emailed quite a few of these hotels when we were going to Aruba last year to see if we could use their facilities. We ended up at the Holiday Inn and they were very pleasant to us. We didn't take a room but had use of all their facilities, I am a member of the Ambassador Club of Intercontinental so may have got a good deal through that. Four of us went and it cost us very little for the day.

We also had lunch there around the pool. The beach is beautiful there and the water was just so clear. A great day.

Jennie

Archived