Just off the Imagination

61lola

Just off the Imagination 12/8-12/13. The ship is awesome.

I have read some of the food reviews, all I can say was that it was over the top. The first night I had a tenderloin that melted in my mouth, on formal night the lobster was small, but order 2. Our waiter was Dax, and asst Neil. The service was top notch. Gabriel the Maitre'd was the best one I've had in 9 cruises. He came to our table every night, he participated in the dancing etc in the dining room ( Spirit ) he was seen up on the Lido deck during breakfest and Lunch.

The cabins are all spruced up, do bring a power strip though, lacking plugs and no hairdryers either.

The waterpark was a blast, and the Serenity area was just that. Bar service was over and above, Rai waited on us. Nothing but glowing things to say.

Did Capt Bryans sting Ray City tour in Grand Cayman, 15 of us on a cattamaran, they held the sting rays while we kissed them, they took us snorkeling 2 different areas 4 hr tour for only $39 p/p.

Did Dunn River Falls, Island tour & shopping with Island Marketing Tours, that was $36 p/p, the tour was nice, the shopping awful, head right to the Island Village if you don't want to hassled. The people were beyond aggressive. Scary at moments.

I have nothing but good things to say, the only bad thing were a few other passengers, and the way they treated the Carnival staff, they are there to do a service but not be abused.

The ship was decorated for xmas and the Camp Carnival did a xmas show with the kids, brought tears to my eyes, so sweet, Jorge the cruise director is also the best I've encountered.

I will cruise again with carnival, no doubt.

:p

Just off the Imagination 12/8-12/13. The ship is awesome.

I have read some of the food reviews, all I can say was that it was over the top. The first night I had a tenderloin that melted in my mouth, on formal night the lobster was small, but order 2. Our waiter was Dax, and asst Neil. The service was top notch. Gabriel the Maitre'd was the best one I've had in 9 cruises. He came to our table every night, he participated in the dancing etc in the dining room ( Spirit ) he was seen up on the Lido deck during breakfest and Lunch.

The cabins are all spruced up, do bring a power strip though, lacking plugs and no hairdryers either.

The waterpark was a blast, and the Serenity area was just that. Bar service was over and above, Rai waited on us. Nothing but glowing things to say.

Did Capt Bryans sting Ray City tour in Grand Cayman, 15 of us on a cattamaran, they held the sting rays while we kissed them, they took us snorkeling 2 different areas 4 hr tour for only $39 p/p.

Did Dunn River Falls, Island tour & shopping with Island Marketing Tours, that was $36 p/p, the tour was nice, the shopping awful, head right to the Island Village if you don't want to hassled. The people were beyond aggressive. Scary at moments.

I have nothing but good things to say, the only bad thing were a few other passengers, and the way they treated the Carnival staff, they are there to do a service but not be abused.

The ship was decorated for xmas and the Camp Carnival did a xmas show with the kids, brought tears to my eyes, so sweet, Jorge the cruise director is also the best I've encountered.

I will cruise again with carnival, no doubt.

:p

Thanks so much for the review. It's always a pleasure to read about someone who had such a great time.

Believe me, I understand about the rude passengers. Some folks feel that nothing is good enough for them and they make sure the staff knows about it.

So... have you started planning your next one yet???

;)

Thanks for the review.

We will be there in 43 days and counting!!!

I just talked to Noonan (ACD) and he said that they have a brand new digital karaoke system added as well. I am sooo excited!!!!

Thanks for the review. I will be sailing Imagination again on the NYE cruise with a singles group. I sailed on Imagination in 2005 and had an awesome time.

I totally agree with you ref to the staff. They have a job to do and don't deserve any abuse.

I can't wait to be pampered!!!

Thanks for the review. I will be sailing Imagination again on the NYE cruise with a singles group. I sailed on Imagination in 2005 and had an awesome time.

I totally agree with you ref to the staff. They have a job to do and don't deserve any abuse.

I can't wait to be pampered!!!

Take good care of her and leave us some ice cream and pizza!!!

Don't be abusing the new karaoke system!!! :D

I and a large party also recently completed a sailing on the Imagination. Please note that we are Platinum Club members of Carnival. Here are my thoughts and impressions:

1) On the positive the ship was beautiful. We especially loved the Serenity Section (wish it was larger)

2) The staff in the dining room was also excellent

3) The two main shows were excellent. The night-club was beautiful

4) The "new" terminal in Miami was excellent. Being VIP members we were on the ship and eating within 15 minutes of entering the terminal

5) The trip we took in Jamaica (Falls and botanical gardens) was excellent

On the negative:

1) The ship was way overcrowded. Wait lines for lunch and dinner were the longest that we have ever encountered in over 15 sailings

2) Some of the passengers, especially teenagers and young adults got out of control at times. Security has to be called to avoid fights late at night

3) While the food on the Lido Deck was plentiful, the quality, as well at times in the dining room has declined. I do feel that the selection in the dining room has become limited

4) Shopping in the cruise shops has begun to resemble Wal-Mart. It appears that to attract individuals (who are never going to buy anything anyway) they are constantly hawking "free" give-aways (miniscule rings, etc) The same for buying alcohol on the ship

5) While we appreciate photographs on "Formal" night, they have become a nuisance on other nights. During the evening we were unable to use the central stairway (one of the nicest areas of the ship) because it has become of set-ups for photographs

6) During the day when you sit on the pool-deck you are constantly being asked if you want the "drink of the day"

In short Carnival does provide a fine product. But to the experienced cruiser they are starting to decline in the standards. To sum up, I used to classify Carnival as Target; to me it is now Wal-Mart

I and a large party also recently completed a sailing on the Imagination. Please note that we are Platinum Club members of Carnival. Here are my thoughts and impressions:

1) On the positive the ship was beautiful. We especially loved the Serenity Section (wish it was larger)

2) The staff in the dining room was also excellent

3) The two main shows were excellent. The night-club was beautiful

4) The "new" terminal in Miami was excellent. Being VIP members we were on the ship and eating within 15 minutes of entering the terminal

5) The trip we took in Jamaica (Falls and botanical gardens) was excellent

On the negative:

1) The ship was way overcrowded. Wait lines for lunch and dinner were the longest that we have ever encountered in over 15 sailings

2) Some of the passengers, especially teenagers and young adults got out of control at times. Security has to be called to avoid fights late at night

3) While the food on the Lido Deck was plentiful, the quality, as well at times in the dining room has declined. I do feel that the selection in the dining room has become limited

4) Shopping in the cruise shops has begun to resemble Wal-Mart. It appears that to attract individuals (who are never going to buy anything anyway) they are constantly hawking "free" give-aways (miniscule rings, etc) The same for buying alcohol on the ship

5) While we appreciate photographs on "Formal" night, they have become a nuisance on other nights. During the evening we were unable to use the central stairway (one of the nicest areas of the ship) because it has become of set-ups for photographs

6) During the day when you sit on the pool-deck you are constantly being asked if you want the "drink of the day"

In short Carnival does provide a fine product. But to the experienced cruiser they are starting to decline in the standards. To sum up, I used to classify Carnival as Target; to me it is now Wal-Mart

Thanks for the review. I have to agree with you that (in general) we are seeing a decline in service. I know the Holiday had 4 positions cut on that ship alone recently. So I blame this decline on the Administration. The staff and crew are just as wonderful as ever...just stretched to thin.

Don't get me wrong, we still had a great time. After all, how can you not have fun on a cruise. But we are seeing differences .....

I hope the "bean counter" doesn't turn an inexpensive cruiseline into a CHEAP one. :o

Archived