Pictures from the Dawn 12/2/07 trip online!

bweston1970

Enjoy. Comments and questions welcome. I have a post/review about the trip as well somewhere.

PS. I am a professional photographer. I say this because I get a lot of questions around "how did you take that picture." Everything was photographed with a Panasonic Lumix pocket digital.

http://picasaweb.google.com/bweston1970/Cruise2007

Nice Pictures!

We are heading out on the Dawn in a month and a half and your photos made us really excited!

One question, in Great Stirrup Cay, I see you have a picture of a PWC (Seadoo) and was wondering if they do rent these on this island?

THanks

Nick

awesome pics!

I was on the same cruise (12-2). Your camera takes great pics in dark lighting. The atrium/lobby pic turned out great. Mine are kinda dark like all the other pics that other people took.

I also see that you like to go "off the beaten path" in the ports...very cool! We were extremely lucky to have outstanding weather & not hit the tropical storm they had this past week that cancelled Samana.

Very nice photos. I like specially like the starfish.

I am amazed with the photo quality with a pocket camera.

I have been debating on which camera to bring. I am tempted to bring my Sony T100 camera since it is light and tiny.

We have another month and a half to go for our cruise on the Dawn. I am very excited. Hopefully we will get there. Winter is forecasted to be bad in Canada this winter.

Very nice photos. I like especially like the starfish.

I am amazed with the photo quality with a pocket camera.

I have been debating on which camera to bring. I am tempted to bring my Sony T100 camera since it is light and tiny.

We have another month and a half to go for our cruise on the Dawn. I am very excited. Hopefully we will get there. Winter is forecasted to be bad in Canada this winter.

Taking good pictures in the dark is sort of a learned skill. When I photographed weddings, I had to get good at it since I rarely use the flash or lights.

If I can give one piece of advice to folks....get a digital camera with a live histogram preview and then learn how to read the histogram. If you truly understand it, you will be able to predict how the picture will turn out before you even snap it!

The starfish was a lucky find indeed.

Super photos - thanks for sharing them!

Did you enjoy your penthouse cabin? We will be on the Dawn in January with an aft penthouse booked and can't wait - the 14" of snow we have here makes even more excited for NICE WARM weather!

Thanks again for the great shots!

Amazing pictures! Especially the water butler in Great Stirrup Cay.

We will be on the Dawn in 3 weeks and after seeing your pics, I am really excited. Samana looks very cool. I know a lot of posters said it was a waste of port, but I am so looking forward to this stop. Anything more you can tell me about it??? Again, thanks for the beautiful pictures...

"Did you enjoy your penthouse cabin?" LOVED IT! Well worth the money I tell you! :)

As far as Samana goes, I have another post about the 12/2 trip on the Dawn. In it I detail things we did in Samana. Let me know if you cannot find it.

You can find the Distillery simply by asking a taxi driver. In and of itself, it's a waste of a trip so make sure to see it as part of a larger taxi tour. We grabbed a local taxi for a Tortola tour. In Samana, I hired a motorcycle taxi (interesting ride) to take us around for a couple of hours.

We also recently did the same itinerary (B2B after the Dawn's repo cruise from Miami). You can find some photos (of the whole trip) at http://picasaweb.google.com/boeckli/NorwegianDawnOctNov2007

We had some intermittent showers in Samana - we did the Cayo Levantados beach escape (so we were wet anyway ;) )

To all of you with upcoming cruises on the Dawn - ENJOY !!

Archived