Is Henry becoming extinct???

coffeebean

I have been on three RCCL ships in the past two months. I have noticed there were very few Henry vacuums on the ships. By my third cruise I asked one of the cabin attendants about Henry. I was told that the cruise line is replacing the old vacuums with larger more stronger ones. I did notice the new vacuums are the same type of vacuums, a bit larger but none of them had the Henry face on them.

Friends of Henry unite... We want Henry back!!!

I was able to see and say "Good Morning" to many Henry's on the Empress last month. The cabin attendants got accustomed to hearing me after the second day and I would hear them laugh as I went by.

If he was hidden, they would point him out to me. :D

Of course the Empress is now going to Pullmantur cruise lines but at least Henry has a home that he is familiar with. ;)

I gave out quite a lot of these on my cruise to the attendants and they liked them.

http://www.strapya-world.com/categories/12_29_217.html

There was a pretty good little thread about this back in the late summer or fall. I believe consensus was that Henry was being phased out. The thread had pictures and some info that the new ones are actually "cousins" of Henry. The newer ships like Freedom and Liberty had new Henry's--of course-- so we'll see them there for a while. On Majesty, I believe I remember there being no Henrys but several of the new vacuums instead.

Nope, Henry is hard to find in the US. My son says he saw one at the supermarket where his girlfriend works, but I've never seen him anywhere else than a cruise ship.

Thanks it all makes sense now. Our whole extended family have them, because they are excellent at what they do, the smiley faces are just a bonus. You can also get a wet/dry vac called George:)

Lawrence

Thanks it all makes sense now. Our whole extended family have them, because they are excellent at what they do, the smiley faces are just a bonus. You can also get a wet/dry vac called George:)

Lawrence

These are also "Henry" relatives. ;)

Hi cruisnmama06,

=crusinmama06;12679700]Yeah the Henry with the hat has been popping up all over the place recently. Just so they keep the cute Henry face, I'm happy.

Without that adorable face, he is just not our "Henry."

The newer and larger one has an open wire top to keep all the cleaning things in there. I can't find the picture I once had of it. That one is "Frankenstein".

I am very confused by the fascination with Henry. Is he not widely available in the USA? I have one of these little guys at home so I can't understand why so many people have him as avatars etc.

Just wondering,

Lawrence

Yep, no Henrys in the US. And Henry is pretty much exclusive to RCCL. You won't find him sailing on Carnival. ;) So it's kind of like tradition with this board to find Henry on the ship and get a picture with him. :D

Archived