Travel Time to Tulum

vabeach14

One thing the others havent mentioned is its really not a tour that you should do outside of the cruiseline tours.

True, in case the bus suffers a mechanical breakdown. I would not want to run late back to Playa del Carmen and find out there are no more ferries available.

I can not stress Ken and Foreigners tip strongly enough.

We have been to Cozumel many times and it is a lovely and tourist friendly island that can be easily done without a ship excursion....HOWEVER, I would never do an excusion that left the island UNLESS it was on a ship excursion.

I can't tell you how many times last year alone, the ship waited for their tour from Tulum to get back....because they were late. Now it usually was only about 20 minutes late...but if you are on an independent tour and it is 5 minutes after the ship sails....oh well!!

To many things can go wrong and the extra money the ship tour costs is cheap insurance.

I can not stress Ken and Foreigners tip strongly enough.

We have been to Cozumel many times and it is a lovely and tourist friendly island that can be easily done without a ship excursion....HOWEVER, I would never do an excusion that left the island UNLESS it was on a ship excursion.

I can't tell you how many times last year alone, the ship waited for their tour from Tulum to get back....because they were late. Now it usually was only about 20 minutes late...but if you are on an independent tour and it is 5 minutes after the ship sails....oh well!!

To many things can go wrong and the extra money the ship tour costs is cheap insurance.

I am thinking of doing Tulum on my own as well. We are planning on getting the 9am ferry to Playa and then taking a taxi to Tulum so we are not under any time constraints with buses. We are going to be back in Playa in time to catch the 2pm ferry bach to Cozumel. I think this is doable. What do others think? Am I crazy?

Archived