QM2 leaving New York on Dec.20

CRUISE4_2

Going down the coast, it tends to be warmer by the day after the ship leaves New York. The ship is off Virginia and North Carolina and the weather is like it is in that area. It becomes tropical the second day as the ship runs parallel to Florida.

These, of course, are generalizations. The timing can change depending upon the weather conditions moving along the coast.

In my most recent QM2 cruise (November), the temperature followed the normal pattern going south. On the the return, however, the weather was very warm all the way back to New York. The same thing happened on a Noordam cruise last January.

Going down the coast, it tends to be warmer by the day after the ship leaves New York. The ship is off Virginia and North Carolina and the weather is like it is in that area. It becomes tropical the second day as the ship runs parallel to Florida.

These, of course, are generalizations. The timing can change depending upon the weather conditions moving along the coast.

In my most recent QM2 cruise (November), the temperature followed the normal pattern going south. On the the return, however, the weather was very warm all the way back to New York. The same thing happened on a Noordam cruise last January.

Can some one out there inform me as to when I can start feeling some heat after leaving the port in New York on Dec. 20, 2007?

You should be feeling some warmth:) by or during the second sea day as Beyondships said. I did a Christmas cruise on QE2 10 years ago and that's how it went. I also have noticed that the sea tends to get a little choppy on that 1st southbound sea day and the last one coming back north. Someone posted on a thread somewhere that this had to do with the "jet stream"

Archived