Maybe they don't hate your kids - maybe it's just you!

6rugrats

And when she grows up will end up like Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, you get the picture. icon_doh.gificon_eek.gificon_sarcasm.gif

Oh, I am sure she will, especially considering her mother's behavior (that's a whole 'nuther story).

Fortunately, the number of children I've actually seen - locally and in our travels - who are actually like that are greatly outweighed by the number of really good children we've encountered.

It's a source of amazement when I read that people don't want to damage their child's self-esteem with discipline. I believe just the opposite is in order for them to present themselves in a positive manner towards the world. A non-disciplined child does not have more self-esteem than others, they are usually spoiled brats that no one really wants to be with.

The most successful people around are always self-disciplined and they have learned to be that way typically by being shown boundaries as a child...a very young child. Being successful does not mean making a lot of money, it means having a happy life and satisfaction with what you have accomplished. There are a lot of wealthy failures in the world, some of them are in the celebrity news a lot.

It's a source of amazement when I read that people don't want to damage their child's self-esteem with discipline. I believe just the opposite is in order for them to present themselves in a positive manner towards the world. A non-disciplined child does not have more self-esteem than others, they are usually spoiled brats that no one really wants to be with.

The most successful people around are always self-disciplined and they have learned to be that way typically by being shown boundaries as a child...a very young child. Being successful does not mean making a lot of money, it means having a happy life and satisfaction with what you have accomplished. There are a lot of wealthy failures in the world, some of them are in the celebrity news a lot.

Excellent post!! Well said!:)

A well behaved child is a joy to be around, even for non-parents like me!! I really like seeing kids experience new things - the wonder on their faces can be amazing and eye opening for adults.

It's the kids with thoughtless parents (I refuse to blame it on the child until they are old enough to understand what they are doing) that make me cringe. I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra last weekend. I was seated on the floor in the center towards the front. A woman with a 2 year old son was seated two rows in front of me. First, she arrived 15 minutes after the show started (and it started 15 minutes late), which was rude enough in my opinion. Second, she'd dressed her son in light up tennis shoes, which might have been fine except what 2 year old wants to stay seated for very long. Every time he'd get up and start to run away we'd have a flash of red lights go through the center aisle. Third, this was a 2.5 hour show - too long for that child to sit still. He wanted to be up and moving around so loudly fussed every time they would grab him and make him sit back down, disturbing those of us around him. I don't blame the child. I blame the choice of a parent that was so selfish that she would drag her child to that long of a show. Don't even get me started on the fact that the noise levels in there could've damaged the child's hearing and being that close to the front made it even worse.

It's the kids with thoughtless parents (I refuse to blame it on the child until they are old enough to understand what they are doing) that make me cringe.

I agree! We went to the movies one day, and since it was in the middle of the day, there were only about 30 people in there. There was a lady with a small child, probably about 2, and of course the child did not want to sit still, what kid that age can sit through an entire movie? Well, she very loudly was talking and griping at the kid, telling him to be quiet, sit down, sit still, etc. Nobody said anything, but you could TELL that everybody wanted to say SOMETHING! Finally, after listening to this for about 30 minutes, someone a few rows behind me, said very loudly,"We are TRYING to listen to the movie"!! This woman then said, again, very loudly, "See what you DID!!?" Then she dragged this child out of the theater, still griping and talking loud!! I felt bad for the kid because it wasn't HIS fault that his mother was inconsiderate!! Also, most people, if they DID bring a child to a movie or someplace like that, would take the child away from the scene if they started acting up and were disturbing other people.

A well behaved child is a joy to be around, even for non-parents like me!! I really like seeing kids experience new things - the wonder on their faces can be amazing and eye opening for adults.

You're absolutely right. Nobody hates a well-behaved kid. I personally don't have kids, but I've babysat enough nephews, nieces and neighbors' kids to get a rough idea. The kids know that I mean what I say and say what I mean.

I knew a pastor and his wife who had 7 kids. There was no TV in the house, the parents gave each of the kids household chores (even the 3-year-old "helped Mommy!"), and that was the happiest, most loving family you could ever hope to see! They had absolutely NO PROBLEMS getting babysitters when the pastor took his wife out on a Saturday night date (And that's another thing!)

One day my 4 nephews and nieces, all elementary school age at the time, asked me why I was "so hard on them". I took them to the store for ice cream and pointed out a bratty, demanding kid and said, "How does it make you feel to be around somebody like that?" They understood, and things were different between us from then on. There was the occasional cut-up or fight, but nothing a little talking-to wouldn't resolve.

Summer, hold off on sending the e-mail requesting the list. I just tested my auto reply function and discovered it's sending out the version from last week that doesn't include all the posts in the last few days. I'll fix that tonight.

Deb

My son was 2 years old when he went on his first cruise. Yes he had the DVD player, no you couldn't hear the sound unless you were 2 inches from the screen. On the cruise, we had a wonderful time and he "charmed" many passengers and staff. The problem was the evenings. I will not leave him with an unknown babysitter since he has severe allergies(meaning life-threatening; not sneezing-watery eyes kind)and asthma. So the only way for us to enjoy our evenings was to take him to the Promenade deck before and after dinner so he could run around then we would put him in the stroller to walk around the ship and see the shows. He was very quiet. The catch is that he looks older than his age (way taller and bigger) and he had his pacifier! For him, this was bedtime and he was still using the paci when we went on the cruise. You have no idea how many "looks" we got, sighs, etc! But the worst was that on 3 different occasions people we didn't know actually took the pacifier out of his mouth and told him he was too old for that. One even commented to us to ditch the stroller cause we were making him lazy!! (Try carrying a sleepy 40 pound toddler around. I did. For 30 minutes, walking in the streets of San Juan! We ended up buying a stroller in St-Thomas (but that's a different cruise)). I don't get it; he was having a good time, we were having a good time and he wasn't bothering anyone.

Some people will tell us to leave him at home or better yet stay home with him (until what?when?). He has traveled with us numerous times and we would do it again. Actually we are doing it again tomorrow going to Disney with my in-laws. 13 people (including 5 preschoolers) in one huge house. Can't wait! My son is now almost 4 but looks more like a 6 year old.

My daughter is nine and over five feet tall, wearing a ladies' size 10 shoe. I have big plans for the WNBA!! ha ha ha Seriously, though, I know what it's like to have people think she's much older than she is. Even the day she was born, a nurse came into my room talking about 'he, he, he...' and I said 'I was kind of out of it, but I'm really sure I had a girl...' and she checked the bassinette and laughed and said, 'Oh, and so she is... she's so big!!' The worst part about it is that she outgrew children's things practically before she could wear them... never wore baby shoes because her first pair of shoes was a size 6. She had about one year of 'Dora the Explorer' boots before she outgrew the largest size they came in. My mother in law is currently working on a dress for her that we had to choose in a women's size and then alter to fit a child's body shape. It's all good, though. She'll be able to reach the top shelf without a stool!!

As for people talking about pacifiers and strollers, RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! As has been noted many times on this board, you are MUCH more likely to encounter a 'bad' adult than a 'bad' child. (and usually if there's a 'bad' child around, a 'bad' adult isn't too far away) When I took my niece - who is 'small to normal sized' :p to Disneyworld when she was five, I suggested we get a stroller for her. She protested, of course, being a 'big girl' - strollers are for 'babies'. Well, around 11:30, after her five year old legs had walked from one end of the park to the other, then back again in circles... she was ready for the stroller. She had a nap waiting for the parade and I've got great video of her just waking up with that sleepy eye look. :) Strollers aren't about being lazy, they're about being small. :)

It's the kids with thoughtless parents (I refuse to blame it on the child until they are old enough to understand what they are doing) that make me cringe. I went to see Trans Siberian Orchestra last weekend. I was seated on the floor in the center towards the front. A woman with a 2 year old son was seated two rows in front of me. First, she arrived 15 minutes after the show started (and it started 15 minutes late), which was rude enough in my opinion. Second, she'd dressed her son in light up tennis shoes, which might have been fine except what 2 year old wants to stay seated for very long. Every time he'd get up and start to run away we'd have a flash of red lights go through the center aisle. Third, this was a 2.5 hour show - too long for that child to sit still. He wanted to be up and moving around so loudly fussed every time they would grab him and make him sit back down, disturbing those of us around him. I don't blame the child. I blame the choice of a parent that was so selfish that she would drag her child to that long of a show. Don't even get me started on the fact that the noise levels in there could've damaged the child's hearing and being that close to the front made it even worse.

I am SO ENVIOUS!!!!!!! How awesome was the performance, once you got past the disruption? I LOVE the TSO!! What a wonderful holiday treat!!

Back on topic, I agree. I have no idea what would possess some parents to take their children to some places. I've seen the same sort of theatre antics as SheriNTexas as well, as well as just seeing small children in movies totally inappropriate for them. (Of course, they're probably watching similar or worse at home) I remember distinctly discussing all aspects of parenthood with my husband before working on conceiving... discipline, education, and what we were prepared to do as responsible parents. One of the latter was giving up things we might want in lieu of what we felt was best for our daughter. We might have seen one movie per year when she was under five... without her. :)

As for people talking about pacifiers and strollers, RUDE RUDE RUDE!!! As has been noted many times on this board, you are MUCH more likely to encounter a 'bad' adult than a 'bad' child. (and usually if there's a 'bad' child around, a 'bad' adult isn't too far away) When I took my niece - who is 'small to normal sized' :p to Disneyworld when she was five, I suggested we get a stroller for her. She protested, of course, being a 'big girl' - strollers are for 'babies'. Well, around 11:30, after her five year old legs had walked from one end of the park to the other, then back again in circles... she was ready for the stroller. She had a nap waiting for the parade and I've got great video of her just waking up with that sleepy eye look. :) Strollers aren't about being lazy, they're about being small. :)

This reminds me of our trip to DisneyWord. My dd's were 5 and 8 at the time. We decided not to get the stroller. We took frequent breaks and my 5yo got a piggy-back ride from dad when she was falling behind. Anyway, after the fireworks show at Epcot, another family passed by us on the way to the exit. The mom was carrying a toddler. Riding in the stroller were two older, pre-teen children, and the dad was pushing them! Now that's lazy :rolleyes: .

I am SO ENVIOUS!!!!!!! How awesome was the performance, once you got past the disruption? I LOVE the TSO!! What a wonderful holiday treat!!

It was fabulous and worth every penny!!! I think by the time kids are in 3rd or 4th grade they'd really appreciate it as the laser light show and pyrotechnics are thrilling (in addition to the fantastic music). We even had snow falling down on us! The disruption itself wasn't too bad, except I kept finding myself feeling sorry for the child. The mother finally got the hint about 1.5 hours into the show that it might not be the best place for a 2 year old.

What an interesting topic! As I type this, my 17 year old daughter's friend, who has a son nearly 2 years old, has been staying with us for a few days. This child's behavior is AWFUL!! He hits, kicks, slaps, and she does nothing while he does this-or she will say, "don't do that" but does nothing to make him stop!! He came over to my daughter a few hours ago, who was sitting on the floor playing with my grandbaby, and he just slapped her!! This girl said nothing to the child to make him stop, and finally I got angry and told my daughter, "DON'T let him hit you like that"!! I feel very sorry for this child because his mother is SO young and seems to have NO desire, or knowledge, to discipline this child, and i fear that his behavior will only get worse as he gets older. :(
When I was in Junior High I had a High School Friend with a child (boy this was a long time ago) and she was a good parent and her child was well behaved. I guess she wanted to be a good parent.

All you have to do is look at Donald Trump's children. They grew up in the same world as Brittney and Paris.

Back on topic, I agree. I have no idea what would possess some parents to take their children to some places. I've seen the same sort of theatre antics as SheriNTexas as well, as well as just seeing small children in movies totally inappropriate for them. (Of course, they're probably watching similar or worse at home) I remember distinctly discussing all aspects of parenthood with my husband before working on conceiving... discipline, education, and what we were prepared to do as responsible parents. One of the latter was giving up things we might want in lieu of what we felt was best for our daughter. We might have seen one movie per year when she was under five... without her. :)

First I quoted the post on pulling the pacifier out of the child's mouth and it didn't take :mad: but if someone pulled my son's pacifier out of his mouth I think they would have kicked me off the ship.

I have taken my son to movie's on rare occasions. I think it's been 3 in his two years. When he was a couple of months old he slept through it. (I was prepared to walk out if he started fussing.) LOL When he was 8 months old we saw Cars. He was fine but got excited ended up giving me a black eye. And then I belong to a Mom's group and we decided to go see Happy Feet last summer. It was a 10am showing. It just so happens we were the only people in the theater. So we didn't mind if any of the kids needed to run around the theater. My son actually was fine the whole time.

But since my son was born my husband and I have seen 2 or 3 movies in the theater (my parents babysat) and would you believe one of them was Shrek 3?:D My neighbor asked if I wanted to go with her and the kids to see Enchanted on the 1st but I knew the little one wouldn't sit through it at all. Maybe next year.

When I was in Junior High I had a High School Friend with a child (boy this was a long time ago) and she was a good parent and her child was well behaved. I guess she wanted to be a good parent.

All you have to do is look at Donald Trump's children. They grew up in the same world as Brittney and Paris.

First I quoted the post on pulling the pacifier out of the child's mouth and it didn't take :mad: but if someone pulled my son's pacifier out of his mouth I think they would have kicked me off the ship.

I have taken my son to movie's on rare occasions. I think it's been 3 in his two years. When he was a couple of months old he slept through it. (I was prepared to walk out if he started fussing.) LOL When he was 8 months old we saw Cars. He was fine but got excited ended up giving me a black eye. And then I belong to a Mom's group and we decided to go see Happy Feet last summer. It was a 10am showing. It just so happens we were the only people in the theater. So we didn't mind if any of the kids needed to run around the theater. My son actually was fine the whole time.

But since my son was born my husband and I have seen 2 or 3 movies in the theater (my parents babysat) and would you believe one of them was Shrek 3?:D My neighbor asked if I wanted to go with her and the kids to see Enchanted on the 1st but I knew the little one wouldn't sit through it at all. Maybe next year.

Black eye? :p I've had a few of those mishaps myself... they're always fun to explain, aren't they? They never seem to come from anything intentional, either... thank goodness!!

When I did start taking my daughter to movies, she was really good. We only saw bright animated features, and I was ready to take her out at any moment as well. The very best thing about taking her to movies, though, was the credits. She would run down to the front of the theatre and dance until all the music was over. I would sometimes go dance with her, but usually I just sat there watching with a ridiculous 'mom's grin' on my face. Sometimes she mentions how she 'used to do that when she was little' now, and I always tell her she can still go dance, but even when I offer to join her, she seems to have outgrown it... at least for now. Maybe we can do it again when she's 30 and not so worried about being a 'big girl' anymore. :rolleyes:

Oh, I almost forgot, SEE ENCHANTED!!!! It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long, long time, and I can't recommend it more highly!!! :)

It was fabulous and worth every penny!!! I think by the time kids are in 3rd or 4th grade they'd really appreciate it as the laser light show and pyrotechnics are thrilling (in addition to the fantastic music). We even had snow falling down on us! The disruption itself wasn't too bad, except I kept finding myself feeling sorry for the child. The mother finally got the hint about 1.5 hours into the show that it might not be the best place for a 2 year old.

Lasers? Pyrotechnics? It's times like this I really wish I didn't live in the middle of nowhere. (well, times like this and when I have to buy airline tickets!!! :eek: )

I don't have kids, but I do generally like kids. But some parents just don't know how to make their kids behave! I was on a flight back from Israel, and it's a long flight, about 12 hours. Sitting right behind me was this little boy, probably around 3 or 4. At the beginning of the flight, he was fine. He would peak his head through the seat and say "Hello'. Kinda cute, actually. After about an hour, he started getting restless and started kicking the back of my seat. Over and over and over again. I'm telling you, this kid is probably going to be a soccer player. I leaned back and asked the mother if she could tell her son to stop kicking the back of my seat. She told me she couldn't help it, he was bored. Ummm... and I'm supposed to be uncomfortable because of that? She pretty much said sorry and went to sleep with her headphones on. I told the flight attendant, asked her if there was an empty seat somewhere because I couldn't take the pounding. I got moved into a row where there was only one other person, and the middle seat was free. He was an older gentleman, and told me I could spread out onto it, put my feet up, etc. if I wanted to. Much more comfortable.

On the flip side, I was flying back from Detroit I believe, don't remember now since it was a connection. Anyway, I was in the same row as this adorable 1 and a half year old. At first, I was thinking "Oh great, he's probably going to cry and be noisy, and I already don't feel well." Keep in mind, this flight was already 3 hours delayed, and I was exhausted. This was my 4th flight in 2 days, I had gone to the airport from an interview, and I was tired. But the mother had prepared so well for the flight. She had plenty of food for hte kid, books, quiet toys, stuffed animals. The kid didn't make a sound the entire time. As soon as he would get a little fussy, the mom would do something else with the kid to keep him entertained. I'm sure she was also tired, but seems to me that if you're going to travel with infants, you have to make sure that you keep them quiet and entertained out of consideration for the other passangers.

I'm sure she was also tired, but seems to me that if you're going to travel with infants, you have to make sure that you keep them quiet and entertained out of consideration for the other passangers.

That says it all-you HAVE to be prepared! I took my 3 1/2 year old grandson to walmart with me one day, and before we left my daughter told me to be prepared because he hates being in the shopping cart and will sometimes throw a fit! Well, armed with that knowledge, we got to WM, and sure enough, he didn't want to be in the shopping cart, he wanted to"be a big helper"! Yeah, that would only last about 10 seconds, then he would be getting into trouble with a T!! So, ALL i had to do was tell him if he rode in the shopping cart he could be the leader of the shopping cart, and that was all it took!!:D Not every problem is that easily solved, but it worked THAT time!:D

The catch is that he looks older than his age (way taller and bigger) and he had his pacifier! For him, this was bedtime and he was still using the paci when we went on the cruise. You have no idea how many "looks" we got, sighs, etc! But the worst was that on 3 different occasions people we didn't know actually took the pacifier out of his mouth and told him he was too old for that.

OMG, if someone ever touched my son's binkie, I...well, I don't know what I'd do but it would not be appropriate. One of my friends tried to tease him about it once, and I told her flat-out it was not an issue we EVER discuss in front of him. He's down to just bedtime and naptime (and some stressful situations) but he, too, is as tall as his friends who are nearly a year older, so people assume he's older.

You may have missed the point, or I'm not understanding you ;) . Raising a child to be a worthwhile adult has nothing to do with money, absolutely nothing. The best parents can be rich or poor. Mr. Trumps children, it seems, had a great mother and more than likely good nannies. It's great that his kids haven't (yet) behaved as badly as he does.

Cheating on his wife, arguing and criticizing others, acting like a boor, a braggart. I just wish he would go away.

Black eye? :p I've had a few of those mishaps myself... they're always fun to explain, aren't they? They never seem to come from anything intentional, either... thank goodness!!

Oh, I almost forgot, SEE ENCHANTED!!!! It's one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long, long time, and I can't recommend it more highly!!! :)

That black eye was a couple of weeks before our first plane trip. At least I didn't get injured there. LOL I will try and see Enchanted if not in the movie theater it is already on my Blockbuster by mail list.

On the flip side, I was flying back from Detroit I believe, don't remember now since it was a connection. Anyway, I was in the same row as this adorable 1 and a half year old. At first, I was thinking "Oh great, he's probably going to cry and be noisy, and I already don't feel well." Keep in mind, this flight was already 3 hours delayed, and I was exhausted. This was my 4th flight in 2 days, I had gone to the airport from an interview, and I was tired. But the mother had prepared so well for the flight. She had plenty of food for hte kid, books, quiet toys, stuffed animals. The kid didn't make a sound the entire time. As soon as he would get a little fussy, the mom would do something else with the kid to keep him entertained. I'm sure she was also tired, but seems to me that if you're going to travel with infants, you have to make sure that you keep them quiet and entertained out of consideration for the other passangers.
Now this is how I try and be. Except I get angry because I'm the one exhausting myself while my husband sits back and relaxes. He did well on the cruise so hopefully he'll do well on the airplane flight in May. If not somebody is going to learn how to stay home and take care of the child by themselves when mommy goes to business conferences.

You may have missed the point, or I'm not understanding you ;) . Raising a child to be a worthwhile adult has nothing to do with money, absolutely nothing. The best parents can be rich or poor. Mr. Trumps children, it seems, had a great mother and more than likely good nannies. It's great that his kids haven't (yet) behaved as badly as he does.

Cheating on his wife, arguing and criticizing others, acting like a boor, a braggart. I just wish he would go away.

I only brought up Trumps kids because Brittney and Paris were brought up and his older children are very business like and have attended college and are well educated. When it comes to cheating I certainly don't condone it but unfortunately it is what goes on in society today. Trump is well known so it gets publicized. And I think we all argue with and criticize others we just don't all get to do it in front of the cameras. You are right that Ivana appeared to be a great mother and I do hope that the younger children also have great mothers who are able to raise strong well mannered children. But you might be surprised on Trumps input. I have no idea what interview show I was watching (I'm not a big Trump fan but I do tend to watch interview shows) but unlike some of the more spoiled wealthy kids his kids got a normal allowance and had to go to work if they wanted more extravagant things. I think that is something we all can learn to do. The not giving in. This was something he insisted on.

My neighbor's daughter always wants something every time my neighbor goes shopping. This girl can find something no matter what kind of store you are in. She is 10 and if you take her to a baby store she will find something there she wants. My neighbor used to always buy her whatever it was. She has finally stopped (I think). It would drive me crazy when she would say if you are good and don't ask for anything in the store then you can have a soft pretzel and icee. The whole time we were there she was asking for things and having temper tantrums. She got the food anyway.

unlike some of the more spoiled wealthy kids his kids got a normal allowance and had to go to work if they wanted more extravagant things. I think that is something we all can learn to do. The not giving in. This was something he insisted on.

I remember that Warren Buffett is the same way - his kids got a normal allowance and (*gasp*) no trust funds. They won't inherit a significant portion of his wealth. "I want to give my kids just enough so that they would feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they would feel like doing nothing."

I remember that Warren Buffett is the same way - his kids got a normal allowance and (*gasp*) no trust funds. They won't inherit a significant portion of his wealth. "I want to give my kids just enough so that they would feel that they could do anything, but not so much that they would feel like doing nothing."

Well if you had the money you would pay for the best university for the field they are interested in and that would certainly help along the road of they feel they could do anything. Heck these days it doesn't just have to be the best just being able to graduate from college without being in debt up to your eyeballs is a good thing and something most families can't give their kids without going into debt themselves. And you just reminded me it's the "trust fund babies." I can't remember who they all are but I've seen stories on E! when I've been board. That was before I had a kid. LOL

Now this is how I try and be. Except I get angry because I'm the one exhausting myself while my husband sits back and relaxes. He did well on the cruise so hopefully he'll do well on the airplane flight in May. If not somebody is going to learn how to stay home and take care of the child by themselves when mommy goes to business conferences.

Oh yeah, we call that a 'rude awakening'. :) I was so worried the first time I went away on business. I was sure my baby was going to starve and I would come home to chaos, but of course everything was wonderful. Mind you, my husband has always been very hands on. You should maybe do some practice runs to help him prepare though... go see a movie, maybe!! ;)

Oh yeah, we call that a 'rude awakening'. :) I was so worried the first time I went away on business. I was sure my baby was going to starve and I would come home to chaos, but of course everything was wonderful. Mind you, my husband has always been very hands on. You should maybe do some practice runs to help him prepare though... go see a movie, maybe!! ;)
He's been with him for a few hours. The issue is he is afraid. He is the one who doesn't want a car seat in his car. So of course he's never gone anywhere alone with him except when we were at my business conference in Jacksonville, FL where they drove to the zoo (got into a minor non fender bender in the hotel parking garage coming back after spending an hour trying to find a parking space and it wasn't his fault). Also, they took the hotel van to the science museum and then walked back. Totally not the same things I go through trying to go grocery shopping with a two year old.

But he has also never given him any of his meds and wouldn't be able to judge when breathing treatments need to be increased or new meds started. Rude awakening oh yeah.

He's been with him for a few hours. The issue is he is afraid. He is the one who doesn't want a car seat in his car. So of course he's never gone anywhere alone with him except when we were at my business conference in Jacksonville, FL where they drove to the zoo (got into a minor non fender bender in the hotel parking garage coming back after spending an hour trying to find a parking space and it wasn't his fault). Also, they took the hotel van to the science museum and then walked back. Totally not the same things I go through trying to go grocery shopping with a two year old.

But he has also never given him any of his meds and wouldn't be able to judge when breathing treatments need to be increased or new meds started. Rude awakening oh yeah.

Men can be such babies. All fear aside, though, if you do plan on being away from them for any extended periods, your husband really should take some time to familiarize himself with the health issues. My husband didn't have to do much with mine other than feed her (and I think my mom may have had them over for supper a few times), play with her, and put her to bed. No illnesses, no meds. Of course, he's familiar with her when she's sick too... until recently, because of the 'breast feeding bond', whenever she would throw up, she needed to cuddle with Mommy... so Daddy naturally had to clean up!! I NEVER complained!!! :)

OK now that's funny. I like that, make them clean up.

We've had a lot of arguments when I've wanted to bring him to the doctor. I've always known is asthma was coming on before the symptoms were real obvious. Must be mothers instinct. My husband will say oh that cough is nothing. I know that cough is different. My husband will wait till near ER status if not longer and that's the last thing I want.

At least the more I put it off the more verbal my son will be and he can say how he feels. A day yeah I could do that but 5 plus days I don't know, but they are coming this year next year I probably wouldn't worry. Or even the state conference I could get in the car and go. Not so easy with the International Conference (I haven't gone to the ones held out of North America yet).

Archived