Oceana - Anyone used the hair salon?

flea b

Has anyone tried the hairdressers on Oceana? I hate going to different places but had to cancel my appointment on Saturday and I go on Friday!! Got to work now right up to cruise. Is it easy to get appointments on board usually, and what sort of price for a cut & blow dry? Thanks in advance

Fiona x:)

Fiona,

Both my wife and I have used the Oceana salon for hiardressing and found then to be extremly good. But don't forget that staff change all the time on ships.

The price we found to be not too expensive.

If you go and book when you get on board whilst having a look around I am sure you will find that you can get an appointment. Formal evenings are usually booked up fairly fast.

Enjoy your cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I always use the salons on board, I just never seem to have time to get sorted out before I go. Although I only have a cut and style with a blow dry.

They are excellent, never had a problem, always been happy. The price is more or less the same you would expect to pay in the Uk, although it is normal to add a tip to the bill.

Funnily enough I have never been subjected to any hard sell on products, neither has my partner, but if you do forget something, they will have it, or even the small shop on board may too.

I would suggest when you get on board, wander up to the salon, they will take a booking and get you in whenever you want, if you leave it for a couple of days, then you may have to go for an early appointment, but I have never found it difficult. By going up and looking you can often see the staff and you may prefer someone younger to someone older, but I should imagine they are all of a similar standard.

Certain days, such as days at sea, which tend to be formal nights, are busy, and they often have offers on for days in port, as it is quiet then, check in the Oceana Today paper that you will have delivered each evening, to see what offers maybe around. They are one of the few cruise staff who continue working on days in port, the salon rarely closes!

I have never yet come accross anyone who has been disappointed!

Kate

Archived