Has anyone ever done a trade out for a cruise?

Anni_M

On one of our cruises we kept seeing this Elvis looking guy all over the place. (you know how you always notice a "person" everywhere you go? He was my person) Anyway, he was definately a passenger, but later on in the cruise he did a couple of shows in one of the smaller clubs. I should have asked him if he had done a trade out for his cruise.

I spent many years as an entertainer/singer, and now am a balloon artist (arches, pillars, other decor) and thought hmmmmm.....wonder if they could use me for anything as a trade out. Know anyone who's ever done this? I'd give it a try - if for no other reason than to get on a ship more than once a year!!

Thanks!

Anni

On one of our cruises we kept seeing this Elvis looking guy all over the place. (you know how you always notice a "person" everywhere you go? He was my person) Anyway, he was definately a passenger, but later on in the cruise he did a couple of shows in one of the smaller clubs. I should have asked him if he had done a trade out for his cruise.

I spent many years as an entertainer/singer, and now am a balloon artist (arches, pillars, other decor) and thought hmmmmm.....wonder if they could use me for anything as a trade out. Know anyone who's ever done this? I'd give it a try - if for no other reason than to get on a ship more than once a year!!

Thanks!

Anni

I have seen some folks "trade" their skills for a free cruise, but I am not sure if they would do a one cruise trade. There was a crafts lady on the Miracle who worked something out, but I believe it was for the whole summer (she was a teacher). My understanding was that she got a regular pax cabin, and had plenty of free time to enjoy the cruise when she was not working.

Thanks!

Anni

I'm sure he was part of a group. Kraig Parker does a cruise each year. Very good Elvis as well.

You might try Carnival Entertainment and ask.

There is another guy who looks just like Elvis only a lot shorter that wears the hair...has the costume etc. But he is a tour guide for group cruises. We sailed with him on the Victory. (and yes, he was Elvis in the Legends Show and wore his own costume)

He also does a couple of shows for the 200 folks they had onboard in their travel group.

I guess technically you would call him a tour HOST. I know the name of the company but I can't post it. It was mainly older folks.

Archived