Celebrity Credit card (am ex) question

jclowensen

I will say that the folks at BOA have, for some odd reason, done their best to make point redemption for items from the Celebrity category very difficult to do.

Previously, it was easy to go to the world points web site, and submit your redemption on line. Now, it is a very confusing maze to wander through, and, so far, I have been unable to find a way to do it online.

The redeem by phone route is not any easier. Once in contact with BOA customer service who wants to know how they can 'deliver exceptional service for you today' or some such patronizing crap you get routed to the 'push 1 for this, or 2 for that' voice prompt hell... And even when listening 'carefully because our menu options have changed'... you dont get routed to the correct place. Here are the wrong instructions as of 12/14: 1-800-434-8313, option 2 for cruise/travel, then option 3 to redeem celebrity rewards. NOTE: those instructions are incorrect.

Further research, and persistence on my part, found that the correct method is: 1-800-434-8313, then option 4 for merchandise, then tell that representative you want to redeem for celebrity rewards. If they act confused or say they dont do that, ask to speak to a supervisor.

This was verified in a phone exchange with 'CSR' 'Kelly' on 12/14.

HTH.

ps. This was for the Visa card.

I too, had to jump through many hoops and go through the maze to get my reward points (since the change to BOA). Go to the BOA web site. I googled Bank of America Celebrity Rewards American Express

It is easier now...but the key is to first log in. Then you click on view Celebrity rewards.

Click on other redemptions

Click gift cards, do not click on cruises.

Click view all gift certificates/cards

Then go to pages 8 and 9.

The rewards should show....

They don't make easy...I did call the number and redeem points, only to find that the redemption did not go through. You will see your total points available after you log in. I waited a couple of days to see if my redeemed points were deducted....they were not, so finally, through this board I found the way to do it. I can' remember the particular thread, but the directions were clear.

You can get a $250 cruise discount for 25,000 points to a free Carribean cruise for 2 for 125,000 points (maximum $2500).

Rich

Hmm. Spend $125,000 to get 125,000 points and get a max $2500 value (2% return). I just called Thank You Network up regarding my points from the PremierPass Elite card. I have charged $75,000 so far and can get business class tickets valued up to $4500 (6% return) or economy class tickets valued up to $3,000 (4% return). Sounds like a much better deal to me with regard to value for dollar charged.

John

Very easy to do once you are logged in to the BOA site. I've redeemed for airline flights, cabin credits, all sorts of stuff.

Quite a few people may have problems redeeming their points via the BOA site. I know I have. About a year ago, BOA took over the the MBNA Visa cards, and since then logging on to the BOA redemption site hasn't been easy. I talked with the BOA people quite a bit...was given a claim number, and just 2 weeks ago, spoke with someone in regarding this issue. They seem to feel if you have a Linksys router, then you have a problem. They are going to try and resolve it.

Karynann: The one time that I called the phone # to redeem points, I too, was given a claim #. When I checked back a few weeks later, I found that the redemption was not noted at all.

On the BOA site, my points were not deducted, so I found my way through the maze (and from the great info here) and did it on-line.

You may want to check to see if your request actually went through. You will then get a letter via snail mail with the number you have to give to X to actually apply the reward.

• 1 month later...

We want to rent a car on Sat. in FLL, and use our AMEX card for payment.

I searched various web sites but could not find any info if by paying with the Celebrity Rewards AMEX card the insurance is included.

Does anyone know where I can find info, or better yet, does anyone know?:)

Edit: I posted a similar question but somehos it got over into the Carnival forum! Too much wine tonite!!!

We want to rent a car on Sat. in FLL, and use our AMEX card for payment.

I searched various web sites but could not find any info if by paying with the Celebrity Rewards AMEX card the insurance is included.

Does anyone know where I can find info, or better yet, does anyone know?:)

Edit: I posted a similar question but somehos it got over into the Carnival forum! Too much wine tonite!!!

I'm not sure if the Celebrity AMEX does include insurance or not...but when we rent a car, within the U.S., we always decline insurance. Our personal auto insurance is sufficient coverage, in the event we need it.

Archived