Fresh Squeezed OJ on Spirit?

JerseyMom

O.K., DH is very spoiled and drinks fresh squeezed OJ every morning (he's a native Californian so must be a California thing). I remember when I sailed on the Dawn that you could get fresh squeezed juice from the Juice Bar near the health club (for an extra charge). Does anyone know if it is possible to get fresh squeezed orange juice on the Spirit? Maybe from one of the bars? I have sailed on the Spirit before (without DH) and never thought to check. For sure I know that they don't serve it at Raffles.

Thanks!

O.K., DH is very spoiled and drinks fresh squeezed OJ every morning (he's a native Californian so must be a California thing). I remember when I sailed on the Dawn that you could get fresh squeezed juice from the Juice Bar near the health club (for an extra charge). Does anyone know if it is possible to get fresh squeezed orange juice on the Spirit? Maybe from one of the bars? I have sailed on the Spirit before (without DH) and never thought to check. For sure I know that they don't serve it at Raffles.

Thanks!

He may ONLY be able to obtain it at the health club for a fee;)

It's been almost one year since we cruised the Spirit, so maybe things have changed, but back then, I don't recall seeing any area that served freshly squeezed OJ. In fact, the Spirit didn't even serve real OJ any where. The stuff in Raffles and the dining rooms is orange flavored breakfast drink. It has some real OJ in it but also contains high fructose corn syrup, water and dye. And the taste is definitely different. Yet many people really liked the breakfast drink- probably they were used to really sweet beverages.

Thanks!

On the Gem in the Garden Cafe as you walk in from the mid-ship elevator there's a station set up at the other end of the central section of the buffet that serves fresh-squeezed juices; $2.50 & 3.50 a glass (small & med). As other posters said they squeeze it right in front of you. Never tried it myself but saw a lot of folks who did.

Now the buffet on the Spirit (Raffles) is set up quite differently than the Gem BUT there's plenty of room, IMHO, for them to squeeze :eek: in a juice bar. If it was successful on the Gem I would assume they'd try it on all their ships...especially since it's a revenue generator (or another example of nickle-and-dimeing if you're a non-Sunshine Cruiser!...:p ). I should also mention that this juice bar on the Gem was ONLY open for breakfast. At all other meals this station is where they serve ice cream!!

Let us know what you find when you return. I'm sure more pax would like to know if they have this now on the Spirit.

Tom & Eileen

Cosmopolitan - I could be wrong but I am pretty sure that the Spirit does not have a juice bar at the health club as does the Dawn and some of the other ships.

JerseyGem - I also did not care for the juice in Raffles. Fortunately I am not a big juice drinker, anyway.

Bisous3 - I never thought about the coffee bar! Thanks for the idea - I will try there. I had thought that perhaps it might be available in the bars but they are probably not open at breakfast time but the coffee bar should be.

Tom - I will let everyone know when I get back. If DH can get fresh squeezed OJ he will be very happy.

Archived