Galveston Hotel with parking ???

johnnjodee

My wife and I are on the Conquest March 2 out of Galveston. I am looking at travel other than air from California. DW really!!!doesn't like to fly. Train schedule/ transfer etc. not really compatable. Is there a hotel in Gaslveston we can stay at Saturday night and leave the car, safely, for the week? Any other options to consider?

Thanks, John

My wife and I are on the Conquest March 2 out of Galveston. I am looking at travel other than air from California. DW really!!!doesn't like to fly. Train schedule/ transfer etc. not really compatable. Is there a hotel in Gaslveston we can stay at Saturday night and leave the car, safely, for the week? Any other options to consider?

Thanks, John

I'd suggest you ask your question here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=414

Lots of folks who live in and around Galveston frequent the forum and I'm sure they'll be happy to help!

Thanks, John

The LaQuinta Inn and Suites offers a shuttle and free parking, if you stay the night there prior to the cruise.

Thanks, John

We stayed at the Hotel Galvez. They took us to the ship and came and picked us up. Valet parking for the car. (Believe it was parked in a garage the week we were gone because it stayed clean) Check their internet site. Did not cost much at all. Beautiful Hotel, right across the street from the seawall.

Teresa

The Holiday Inn in Galveston is great. It offers a free shuttle and parking for the week. Kids eat free too. The shuttle will also taxi you around town to go to restaurants, The Strand, etc.The shuttle was waiting for us when we got off the ship and dropped us off right by our car. We have stayed there two times and have had great experiences both times. If you are a priority card member you can get a great rate on your hotel stay.

The Holiday Inn in Galveston is great. It offers a free shuttle and parking for the week. Kids eat free too. The shuttle will also taxi you around town to go to restaurants, The Strand, etc.The shuttle was waiting for us when we got off the ship and dropped us off right by our car. We have stayed there two times and have had great experiences both times. If you are a priority card member you can get a great rate on your hotel stay.

I agree.. this place is great!!! :D

Thanks, John

Holiday inn on the beach offers free parking for the duration of the cruise plus a free shuttle to and from the port.

btw.. if your screen name is your name and your wifes.. she spells it exactly like I do.. I dont' see too many other ppl with my spelling :)

HARBOR HOUSE is right on the pier :) In fact, we walked to and from to the Rhapsody of the Seas last year (this is not a very short walk easy walk, but with roll luggage it worked well for us). Rooms are not cheap (180.00 last March) + I believe it was 15.00 to park for the week. The continental breakfast was minimal, but I loved the nautical theme of the hotel and there was nothing better than sitting on the steps watching cruise ships sail in and out. We would always drive from Minnesota as this DW loathes flying as well. This year I will be flying for the first time in 10 years, ought to be interesting :eek:

Good luck and enjoy your cruise and Galveston!

Archived