NEW Queen Elizabeth WaitList

ocngypz

Have any of you on the eastern side of the pond heard of Cunard UK opening a waitlist for the new QE????

Wouldn't be surprised if they were offering such a list during QV's maiden voyages. They did the same on QM2 for the first QV.

Ken

I'll gladly go on the waitlist for their next ship that can exceed 30 knots...

There would be a long queue for that, but I rather suspect that it will never happen, much as we all like to indulge in fantasy.

David

There would be a long queue for that, but I rather suspect that it will never happen, much as we all like to indulge in fantasy.

David

A QM2 replacement......in about 30 years or so.........though it will be interesting to see if they struggle to fill the QV 'fly cruises' - their British competition P&O home-port out of Southampton....and with the nightmare flying is nowadays I think they may wish for a little more juice in the QE.....time will tell.

A QM2 replacement......in about 30 years or so.........though it will be interesting to see if they struggle to fill the QV 'fly cruises' - their British competition P&O home-port out of Southampton....and with the nightmare flying is nowadays I think they may wish for a little more juice in the QE.....time will tell.

Maybe they're keeping Queen Victoria in the Med during QE2's last Southampton season (and that's only for the last half) to minimise the competition and get more cousins onboard - as they have to fly anyway. 2009 schedules may reveal more. Do you really expect Queen Elizabeth to be anything but Queen Victoria's sister with more QG and PG suites??? Somehow I don't think speed will be an issue.

Ken

Do you really expect Queen Elizabeth to be anything but Queen Victoria's sister with more QG and PG suites??? Somehow I don't think speed will be an issue.

Probably not - but don't forget the Cunard is now run by Carnival UK from Southampton by David Dingle who does have a couple of faster ships (ORIANA & AURORA) on his books than Peter Ratcliffe generally did with Princess from Valencia in California. Time will tell.

I missed this thread when I posted another re the QE wait list.

this list has been opened for a while on this side of the pond. you can choose your cabin etc and there is a £500 REFUNDABLE DEPOSIT.

more than that there is no information.

seems a lot to pay for not knowing, but I am thinking about it.

rob

The onboard sales team said waitlist and booking would NOT open before feb or March 08 at the earliest. However some travel agents are asking for £500 deposits to get on the agents waiting lists, with the ability to refund if desired cabins etc aren't available.

The onboard sales team said waitlist and booking would NOT open before feb or March 08 at the earliest. However some travel agents are asking for £500 deposits to get on the agents waiting lists, with the ability to refund if desired cabins etc aren't available.

Thats what my TA has offered me, said I would 100% get a cabin, but not which one.

seems a lot money to tie up for several years, im still thinking about it.

at least I would be on the maiden voyage, but then judging by the last tow, do I want to be?

rob

Archived