Parking In Mobile?

logfellow

I have been on the Holiday for lots of cruises and have noticed the parking area under the over pass. My last cruise I took note if any cars had be damaged and it seems they were all fine. How safe is it to park in that area and do police patrol this area to try and protect the cars?

I have been on the Holiday for lots of cruises and have noticed the parking area under the over pass. My last cruise I took note if any cars had be damaged and it seems they were all fine. How safe is it to park in that area and do police patrol this area to try and protect the cars?

Personally, it seems foolish to me to leave your car parked in an untended area for 4 or 5 days just to save 50-60 bucks. There is no one on these boards that can tell you how safe it is to park underneath the overpass because no one knows...it's a crapshoot. It's not the safest neighborhood in town over there and I've seen stuff happen to people's cars in much better areas of the city so why take a chance? When you book a cruise out of any port that you drive to it's probably wise to budget for parking in your total package.

The Jail is only about 400 yards from the cruise port. Alot of bums sleep around the area. Its has been on the news around here that to get out of bad weather the bums break out car windows to get out of the bad weather. Most of the time they don't take anything, but they know the ship won't be back for 2 days and its a safe and dry place to sleep. I drive a truck past the area 4 or 5 times a week and see the broken glass by the cars. Good luck going home with a car window that won't go up because their not a window there. HAHA

Archived