Live from the Legend

ITravelNow

Jean....they no longer put suncreen in each suite but someone told me they requested it from their stewardess and it was provided.

We had our preferred type with us so I can't give you firsthand information but evidently it's supplied if needed.

Just a few more photos from dinner:

http://gallery.mac.com/ogram1/100332

We ordered Steak Tartar this evening and it was wonderful - so good that we cancelled our entree selection - YES, delicious!

We're very excited about celebrating New Year's Eve tomorrow evening - black tie and all the festivities. A special way to welcome 2008.

Heads up on Christmas 2008 - the Legend is chartered so if you have your heart set on a holiday cruise you will need to book the Pride ASAP -many of the returning Legend cruisers have already done that - we're still on the fence but I really want to return - the holidays are so special but we will miss our Legend crew!

>"Heads up on Christmas 2008 - the Legend is chartered so if you have your heart set on a holiday cruise you will need to book the Pride ASAP -many of the returning Legend cruisers have already done that - we're still on the fence but I really want to return - the holidays are so special but we will miss our Legend crew!"

I woke up this morning and decided next Christmas season I need more than a sunset at 4 PM, no matter how sparkly, in London.

I just spoke with Seabourn and booked a SA for the Legend Christmas cruise. Apparently it's a very small charter and I was assured there are lots of suites available. There was no SA for the Pride and the Legend itinerary has 2 more sea days. So there is hope for the Legend-aires.

Here's to 2008!

I just spoke with Seabourn and booked a SA for the Legend Christmas cruise. Apparently it's a very small charter and I was assured there are lots of suites available. There was no SA for the Pride and the Legend itinerary has 2 more sea days. So there is hope for the Legend-aires.

Here's to 2008!

Thanks for the info, Jane...and a very Happy New Year to you!!

Paul :)

Jane...just goes to show, shipboard "gossip" may not always be right - I'll check for myself today to get information for us. Tom needs a handicap access suite for the shower - so I should do this ASAP!

Thanks for your "official" information!

Hello everyone,

We are having a great time here on Seabourn Legend, I think that Margo is doing a great job of posting information here. I have had a fantastic cruise so far, and I am going to be sad on the 2nd of Jan when all my friends disembark.

We are nearly half way through our cruise, and I can't tell you how brilliant it has been to meet everyone on board. We continue on our voyage till the 1/16/08 so plenty more excitement to go yet.

Tonight is of course NYE and I am so looking forward to having "another glass or two" of champagne.

Happy new year to everyone on Cruise Critic

James

I just checked with Nadia...while I don't have the exact details evidently the charter has been canceled or is a very small group (as mentioned before) so there should be lots of chances for a Legend Holiday reunion!

Editing to add....I just saw James' post and must echo his pleasure at meeting such wonderful people onboard - passengers AND crew!

It has been a memorable time for us - thanks to people like James, his mother and grandmother!

Margo,

Would you do me a big favor? When you see Nadia again please tell her I send my love to she and Joe! We were together on the Pride last year's New Year's Eve ~~I had taken glitzy glasses for all of us to wear ~~~we had such fun in the Sky Bar overlooking all the fancy yachts in the Gustavia harbor.....they were all shooting off fireworks! Alot of fabulous yachts, but WE were aboard a floating Castle! :p

Many thanks for delivering my message......Nadia is so special!

Have lots of fun tonight.....and tomorrow!

Martita B.

Happy New Year from the Legend!

We had a festive evening - cocktails, wonderful dinner - marvelous table companions and well, you know, all the good stuff!

The dining room was aglow with soft lights and glitter dusting the red and white table linens. Everyone looked beautiful in their finery and as the wine flowed the laughter grew.

Our table was a true international gathering with representatives from the the UK, Australia, Florida and Las Vegas - now you can imagine the conversations!

The menu was delicious and I must admit that while the dining room was filled to capacity and the wait-staff worked tirelessly, the evening went too quickly - a sure sign of a good time.

After dinner all guest were invited to dancing on the sky deck and the dress code was "as you please" - some changed to more casual attire but many continued to celebrate in black tie.

Ever the "old fogies" we elected to return to our cozy cabin - share some wine and toast 2008 in private. So the more exciting stories of the evening revels will have to come from others. For us....what happens on the Legend stays on the Legend!

Here are just a few photos from dinner:

http://gallery.mac.com/ogram1/100340

I hope all of you had an equally memorable start to the new year.

Best wishes,

Margo

We all raise our "flutes" to you and say, "thank you and cheers for all your photos and reviews!" You should be writing for a cruise magazine! Or perhaps submit an article to our Seabourn Herald Magazine! A 1,000 thank you's ! Smooth seas today ~~

I need to make a correction ~~I meant to post "please tell Nadia and David I send my love....." Barbara & Joe, Nadia & David are so often together it was a honest error on my part ~~~I love all of them! Sorry ~~~

Feliz Nueva to All ! Happy sailing's in 2008 !

Martita B.

Martha....I am just on my way to see Nadia and I will give your greetings!

I'm happy to share the pleasure of our voyage with you and others - It helps keep the memories for the days when we return home to stormy skies and routine chores.

I always enjoy the tales of your crossings as well and look forward to traveling along on your Pride sailing is a very short time!

Wishing you smooth seas as well,

Well, I should be packing but that would seem too final....I want to keep my happy, lazy moments for awhile longer!

Today we enjoyed a galley lunch...a perfect way to celebrate the beginning of the new year. I've attached a few photos from today.

http://gallery.mac.com/ogram1/100348

Tonight we'll have one last dinner in "2" with friends - and we'll talk about staying in touch and all the wonderful memories we've made during the last 14 days. These feeling are so familiar - the same at the end of every cruise.

I finally had a chance to make an open booking with the idea that we will probably be back again same time next year...at least I hope so.

And thank you for your postings and pictures. I'm so glad you had such a lovely cruise. It's been a pleasure reading your online "journal". And so wonderful that you were on Seabourn during Christmas and New Years! How special that must have been.

Very best wishes to you in 2008.

Jane

My last few internet minutes remain - we're along side the dock in Port Everglades. It's COLD! - I don't know what happened, yesterday balmy Atlantic cruising, today moderate gale and temperatures in the 40's! Yikes Dorothy we're back in Kansas!

I just ventured out to the stairwell on deck 4 - the luggage is piled high. There are 11 lucky in-transit guests - and other's who wish they could stowaway (like ME)

As I completed my guest questionnaire this morning I couldn't help but appreciate how much we've enjoyed the last 14 days - there has been a noticeable difference from the same cruise last year and I have to say it is most definitely because of the crew - they really made us feel comfortable. Every one of them going above and beyond to be sure the Seabourn Experience was perfect.

As another Seabourn "Sailor" mentioned, to name all of them would be difficult and I would hate to miss anyone of them - They have some extraordinary individuals. Many crew members are from South Africa and someone is doing a great job recruiting there.

Anyway, I'll try to write some specific observations when we get home but for now, the warm memories will help - cause it's cold outside!

Granny....I am enjoying your travel log very much - the Amtrak story was hilarious. My husband has often talked about fond memories of train travel across the US - I need to bring him up to date!

I should have waved to you this morning but did you see all those other ships? It was a mad house for most of them - we were on our way home by 9:30 - everyone was off the ship and gone by the time I moved my car from the parking garage. The only snafu was a lack of porters in the terminal but that sorted out eventually.

I can't wait to hear more about your Pride adventures - we're lucky to have so many sailors with internet access!

Wishing you smooth seas!

Margo, Thanks so much for taking time to post. Your stories and pictures were wonderful. Having returned from the pride on the 22,I was going through major withdrawl and reading your posts helped ease the transition. I enjoyed christmas on seabourn through your eyes! Thanks for letting me (almost) be there with you.

Margo, Thanks so much for taking time to post. Your stories and pictures were wonderful. Having returned from the pride on the 22,I was going through major withdrawl and reading your posts helped ease the transition. I enjoyed christmas on seabourn through your eyes! Thanks for letting me (almost) be there with you.

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Margo!

I already read some of your posts, but today I spent a long time reading all of it and viewing all your photos as well. Well, what can I say! It is truly beyond description! Having read this, what would there be to add for me? You may have seen my photo show or couldn't as some others. But in writing you have said about anything. So I won't go there.

Of course I would like to say it was wonderful meeting you. Though we didn't spend much time together I found it wonderful to talk to you and say hello as often as we did. Your smile is all about friendship. I noticed you also took some photos of me off guard, is that how they say it? Well, moments of pleasure and happiness, what can I say! The one with the "green" earring really struck me. Not only did my husband give me the earrings that very day, but of course they are not green, but heart shape diamonds!

We met so many lovely people while on this cruise. Certainly sometimes my thoughts were home with my parents, children and grandchildren. But most of the time the wonderful passengers (most of them) and all my friends from the crew were able to make sure I kept my "Seabourn smile" most all the time. Thank you all!

Oh yes, the wedding! We all were somewhat skeptical about it. Was it really going to happen? But it did. Captain Tom did a great job uniting Sara Jane and Nino in marriage. He could also practice for his own coming up wedding this year. I had the pleasure of getting to know his lovely and very nice fiancé Heidi. Maybe you saw the photos of the ceremony in my photo show. In case not I will post some photos later. When Sara Jane and Nino had made their vows, we all were able to congratulate the couple and toast to them with champagne and throw rice at them. Then they went of the stage and ended up in the sea!

I wish Sara Jane and Nino happy years together!

I hope to be back on the Legend in April. Until then........ a very happy and healthy 2008!

Marja

Archived