Disney Magic sold out completely for the 2005 Panama cruises!

merela

For the same basic price and MUCH better port stops you can take your family on the May 1st sailing of the Infinity on Celebrity. They are suppose to have an excellent kids program (fun factory) and it shouldn't be the sea of children that Disney has.

It's May 1st from Fort Lauderdale to San Francisco (imagine coming uder the golden gate bridge)

Seriously Look at the port stops and you'll be surprised how few stops the Disney one is actually making. And celebrity stops in Aruba and Costa Rica -- gotts see those sloths, monkeys and jaguars.

I was on a waiting list for the Disney cruise in May and after checking out the celebrity one I changed my mind. I am sailing with a 7, 10 and 12 year old.

We have a thread on the celebrity boards. Come check it out and ask questions.

suzanne:rolleyes:

I guess I'll have to wait until 2006

Don't hold your breath for 2006 Panama Canal Disney cruises! The only reason they are doing that in 2005 is to reposition the ship to Los Angeles for the summer Magic cruises. I seriously don't think Disney is going to be a regular Panama Canal cruise line; I think they will add additional ships before they do that.

And also...don't give up hope yet, there will be plenty of cancellations at the time final payment is due, some people book with the intention of saving up the dollars, but just don't get there. Definitely check back about three months out and then keep checking.

Suzanne makes LOTS of sense too. :)

• 4 months later...

I was told the same thing last year when I first heard about the cruises. The castmember I spoke to then said it would be a long-shot but I should check back 90 days before the sail date because that was the drop-dead deadline for paying the full balance. Sure enough, there have been some cancellations. When I booked tonight, there were Category 8 & 9 (oceanview), and 11 & 12 (standard inside) staterooms on the May westbound voyage. Earlier in the week, there was at least one cabin available on the August eastbound cruise. There may be more cancellations for that one between now and the deadline in May.

• 2 weeks later...

Everytime I've checked this week there's been a cat 11 available on the Aug repo (we're already booked for it).

Those that booked last May for the repo cruises actually have until 60 days before the cruise to pay in full - they booked before the policy change - so from now until 59 days before either repo cruise I'd keep checking for availability.

Archived