Legend, Miracle, or Freedom

eddymike

I'm scheduled for a Jan 20th cruise on the Legend but can change it if I need to. I have two balcony rooms for 5 people. I chose the Legend because of the four stops. I have a five and seven year old and think they will get bored if they are stuck on the ship.

But, I wasn't at all impressed with the photos on Carnival's site. I've been on the Miracle and thought it was beautiful. I'm not sure if there is an advantage to the larger conquest class ships or not. The Freedom looks amazing in the photos. I like the concept of different time periods.

Anyway, I can take any January 18,19,20th seven day cruise. Any thoughts on which cruise to take or whether I should steer away from the Legend. I know it sounds silly, but the look of a ship is important to me.

We thought the Legend was far nicer than the Miracle. We will be doing the Freedom in April, and look forward to it. Are you sure you can switch ships this late without a huge penalty? You are less than 30 days out. Good luck and have a nice cruise no matter which ship you choose.

Do you mean 08 or 09? I'm thinking it must be 09 because I'm not sure you would have much choice at this late date. I'd go with the new ship. Although I enjoyed the Legend and am scheduled for the Miracle I love newer ships.

I am going to have to "assume" you mean for 2009 because you are inside the penalty phase for 2008....

We have not sailed the Legend, but one thing I have found is that Camp Carnival is pretty consistant from ship to ship. We have used them on many different Carnival ships for years with great reviews.

well, the freedom has some of the worst reviews on cruise critic, but the photos look good... it's the reviews that are killing my idea of a freedom sail.

Perhaps a better question to ask is there a big improvement going with the congquest class vs. the spirit class?

I've sailed fantasy (not very nice imho) and spirit (great) but not the conquest.

I'm just worried about the decor of the Legend and was wonding if people on the legend thought it was beautiful or hideous -- same for the freedom.

well, the freedom has some of the worst reviews on cruise critic, but the photos look good... it's the reviews that are killing my idea of a freedom sail.

Perhaps a better question to ask is there a big improvement going with the congquest class vs. the spirit class?

I've sailed fantasy (not very nice imho) and spirit (great) but not the conquest.

I'm just worried about the decor of the Legend and was wonding if people on the legend thought it was beautiful or hideous -- same for the freedom.

There have also been some positive reviews as well. Many of the negative reviews I believe were when the Freedom was in the Mediterranean. Now that it is in the Caribbean maybe there will be more reviews since more people tend to travel to the Caribbean. The last two recent reviews are both mainly positive. As far as the decor goes I don't know since I wasn't on the Freedom yet but the pics look nice. And for the negative reviews, I'm not going to let them dicourgage me and my trip on the Freedom in February. Negative reviews used to make me worry,but after I got on the ships,many of the comments just weren't true. Each person has different preferences and expectaions so one's expereience could totaly differ from the next persons. :) Happy Cruising :)

Lindsey

Archived