Boarding Windsurf?

bzv143

We will be on an upcoming Windsurf cruise in a week, our first Windstar cruise, and I am wondering when we should board?

We are used to the big ships where there are plenty of things to do after boarding--exploring, seeing the spa for appointments, seeing the maitre d' , etc. but the Windsurf is so small, these activities will take less than 30 minutes ;). And if the ship does not depart Barbados until 11 p.m., what do passengers do (we are not drinkers/party-hounds)?

Is there lunch served on departure day? Is there a muster? Is there a regular dinner schedule? Do passengers check in and then leave to explore the island? Does the library have games? Is there a charge for internet? Can I use my own laptop for internet?

Any info will be most appreciated! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be on an upcoming Windsurf cruise in a week, our first Windstar cruise, and I am wondering when we should board?

We are used to the big ships where there are plenty of things to do after boarding--exploring, seeing the spa for appointments, seeing the maitre d' , etc. but the Windsurf is so small, these activities will take less than 30 minutes ;). And if the ship does not depart Barbados until 11 p.m., what do passengers do (we are not drinkers/party-hounds)?

Is there lunch served on departure day? Is there a muster? Is there a regular dinner schedule? Do passengers check in and then leave to explore the island? Does the library have games? Is there a charge for internet? Can I use my own laptop for internet?

Any info will be most appreciated! THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There is a light lunch served in the Compass Rose bar. Muster is at around 5:30 p.m., and there is normal dinner at 7:30. The library does have games. If you have Wi-Fi you can use your own computer; but the cost is the same as using their computer: 75 cents per minute, or $55 for 100 minutes, or $100 for 250 minutes. The difference is that you can use your computer for other things when you are not connected to the internet.

Check in begins at 1 p.m. You could, if you wish, check in and then see the island; but most people simply relax. Be aware that the cruises leave on Sundays, and the cruise terminal stores are not open unless there's a larger ship in port. For us, the terminal stores were closed at both ends of the cruise.Therefore, you need to leave the port area to be able to do anything much.

The ship isn't as small as you think, but it's hard to imagine spending more than an hour exploring it, unpacking, making appointments for the spa and/or alternate restaurant, speaking to the shore excursions desk, etc. If you have a roll call, why not meet the other CC members who will be on your cruise?

11 p.m. is the last all aboard. The ship leaves at midnight.

Archived