orlando to port canaveral rental car

bill jacobs

Does anyone know what rental car companies are in port canaveral that we can rent at the airport and return the car the next day in port canaveral prior to cruising.

Just about all the major companies are in port canaveral. All accept one way returns and they provise a shuttle from the office in port canaveral to the cruiseport. I have found the cheapest price in thrifty car rental. For our upcoming cruise both 1 way rentals from MCO to canaveral and vice versa cost a total of $50 for a midsize car. A lot cheaper than carnival transfers or a private shuttle service.

National has a location in Cocoa, but does not provide a shuttle to the port. They have negotiated with one cab company to provide taxi service to or from the port for $11-12.

WE've rented from Avis a couple of times, and have had good luck with them. We've also found on shorter cruises that it is sometimes cheaper to rent the car for the whole trip and park it, rather than do two one way rentals.

Another vote here for Budget. Picked up the car at the airport, kept for one day, paid $27 plus $10 to fill up with gas. So much nicer to have a car to run around in as we come in a day early and like to be free to explore the area. Plus, we can get our soda, water, etc. to carry onboard. You will find quite a few drug stores, a couple of grocery stores and even a Wal Mart (in Cocoa). When you drop off the car, they shuttle you over to the ship. Very convenient.

I picked up the car at the Orlando airport, dropped it off in Cape Canaveral and they shuttled me to the ship, about $33.00 plus the gas to fill it back up (approx $10.00?)

Same way coming home -- got off the ship, was met by their shuttle, 5 minutes at the office and on my way -- had the whole day to tool around before returning the car at Orlando airport, no drop off fee, about $33.00

Found a coupon on line somewhere that saved me 10 or 20 per cent, but Thrifty's "regular" rate was pretty reasonable.

when you book online what city do you put in for the port...I know it is MCO for orlando, but having trouble with the drop off then the pick up when we get back from cruise.......

Type in Cape Canaveral. If use use thrifty their website uses code mu2 for cape canaveral. Currently there price for a midsized car is about $44 for 2/23/08. We booked a midsize for 1/4/08 cruise and it cost us $19 Total 1 way. The price has dropped 4X since I booked it so I cancel my reservation and then rebook it.

Here is some information that may help you further.

always

Shirley

Car Rental

All agree that the cheapest option is to rent a car one-way from the airport, drive to the port, drop luggage/family off at port, drop rental car off and take rental car shuttle back to the port. Repeat in reverse for your post-cruise trip back to the airport. Hertz, Budget, Thrifty, Avis and all have drop off locations and free round trip shuttles very close to the port These four places are open on Sundays and their port shuttles start early in the morning until the afternoon.

1)Hertz

2)Budget

3)Thrifty

4)Avis

5)Enterprise

These are all in Cape Canaveral

National does not have shuttle service to the port. Enterprise has a location on Merritt Island which is a barrier island between the mainland and the beach. They will shuttle you both ways during normal business hours which are M-f 9-6 and Sat 9-12.

The closest Dollar car rental is on South Babcock in Melbourne which is about 20 to 25 mins away from the port.

Your best bets are Budget, Thrifty, Avis and Hertz.

Look here for car rental coupons and discount codes:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=558119

Enterprise Car Rental is now located in Cape Canaveral where Hertz once was

Address is:6211 North Atlantic Avenue, Cape Canaveral 32920

Phone number is 321-866-0324

fax number is 321-866-0325

http://www.enterprise.com/

The General Manager is Shakeira Tennort and what a sweetie - she said they have 4 shuttles to and from the port - open at 7AM and closes at 6PM - Stopped by today and spoke to Shakeira the assistant manager and now they are opened 7 days a week. The email address is shakeira.l.tennort@erac.com

PLEASE MAKE SURE TO TELL THEM YOU ARE OFF THE BOARD OK?

Their hours are Monday to Friday 7:30AM to 6PM and Saturday & Sunday 8AM to 4PM

Avis car rental has agreed to meet or beat prices per Bob Fink

Also remember you have Jeremy that is a great guy and will do what he can to help you - another of my favorite places

http://www.aviscapecanaveral.com

12/12/2007 Their email is STILL out of order so the best I can tell you is when you go to their website, use either their local phone number or fax number.

Sounds good but what if you want to fly in day before cruise and rent a car,can you return it in the early morning next day?Also it would be the same for day we get off cruise,we want to rent a car,go to hotel in orlando,and fly home from orlando next day,do you think it would be cheaper than hotel shuttle?

Archived