Holiday

majosa

Ok we are wanting to go on another cruise next September. We loved the fantasy cause it was small. Our first cruise was so amazing. Anyway we wanted to try the Holiday since it is small as well. Can ya'll help me on the pros and cons on the Holiday? I have read the ship reviews and it helped some but i would like to know more about the ship. Thank you so much!:)

Can ya'll help me on the pros and cons on the Holiday?

The Holiday was my first cruise, I will alway remember her because they had a Midnight buffet every night and also at 1am they had a Mini Midnight buffet that only served up breakfast and was held on the Bus. Today they only have 1 Midnight buffet and they no longer serve breakfast or any food on the bus. I also won 954.00 on one of their shipboard lotteries, so as you can see I had some wonderful memories of that ship.

Since she was my first ship she felt very big and roomy inside, the only thing I had to compare to her were Naval Destroyers which I was on back then. Today she probably looks like a tug boat at 46,000 gross tons next to the Conquest class. Holiday was also refurb since.

Fred

Heres a nice photo of the Holiday posted by Cruise Critic member Bamaphotopro, even in this photo she looks pretty large:

77295346.jpg

This is a photo of the old bus with the steps and platform that allowed you to go up and get some breakfast at 1-1:30am

The Bus Stop Cafe and Bar, literally laid out around a vintage bus, is an all day to wee hours lounge serving up a lot of light rock music as well as 1:30 AM mini-breakfast buffets and some of the best bartending on the ship. Further along Broadway is a very comfortable area filled with booths and banquettes called Capuccino's where coffees, liqueurs and chocolates are served.

holbus.jpg

This is what the bus looks like today, note there are no steps or platform:

1_39_pub_85_Bus_Stop_320.jpg

Heres a nice photo of the Holiday posted by Cruise Critic member Bamaphotopro, even in this photo she looks pretty large:

77295346.jpg

This is a photo of the old bus with the steps and platform that allowed you to go up and get some breakfast at 1-1:30am

The Bus Stop Cafe and Bar, literally laid out around a vintage bus, is an all day to wee hours lounge serving up a lot of light rock music as well as 1:30 AM mini-breakfast buffets and some of the best bartending on the ship. Further along Broadway is a very comfortable area filled with booths and banquettes called Capuccino's where coffees, liqueurs and chocolates are served.

holbus.jpg

This is what the bus looks like today, note there are no steps or platform:

1_39_pub_85_Bus_Stop_320.jpg

Sadly all the bus is used for any more is storage.

We cruised her a couple of weeks ago to say "goodbye" for when she retires since we have sailed her many times. I can't say that I missed the multi-story atrium (although I thought I would).

Yes, you will see some brown water from rust for 3 seconds. And the beef on our cruise was not up to Carnival's usual fare...but the seafood, soups, appetizers etc were fine.

She does shimmy and you feel the waves more. We had some rocky seas a couple of times (thank goodness for Bonine).

Overall, it was not our best cruise but we still had a good time.

Depends on what you are looking for - DH and I just like the whole cruise experience - the relaxation factor - having someone wait on us, not having to decide when/where to eat - we choose Holiday again and again (see our plans below) because we find the crew friendly, the service wonderful, the food great - we just like the shipboard experience and feel very comfortable there.

On the other hand, my sister likes to go to many different ports and stay busy-busy-busy - she's not as happy with a smaller ship - they like the mega-cruises -

And, the fact that Mobile is only a 3 hour drive for us - and DH won't fly - it's our choice for at least the next year. In 2009, we may make the drive to Tampa and try one of those ships -

I have sailed on her 5 times and plan to sail on her again this summer. You won't find a friendlier or more efficient crew anywhere! On board entertainment is also top notch, and I have found the food to be as good as any ship on which I have sailed.

Archived