Anyone have the waffle recipe?

sjde

The waffles were one of the highlights of our Constellation cruise this month. (Perry Grant was the other). We would love to have this recipe. And the meringue for the Baked Alaska too. Can anyone help?

Sue

from my understanding...it has malt in the batter,,, and it is made with half milk and half club soda to make the waffles fluffy....

thats just what i heard ... if it is true i have no idea...

i make the orange butter at home now .. orange juice and maple syrup. or grand marnier in place of orange juice..

Tonia

The waffles were one of the highlights of our Constellation cruise this month. (Perry Grant was the other). We would love to have this recipe. And the meringue for the Baked Alaska too. Can anyone help?

Sue

Sue, I use this recipe posted by Swedish Chef and it turns out great. More than one person I made them for say they are the best they ever had. Thanks to Swedish Chef, here it is.

#

post_old.gif January 22nd, 2007, 08:53 PM

image.php?u=128077&dateline=1183576698Swedish Chef user_offline.gif vbmenu_register("postmenu_8884550", true);

Cool Cruiser

icon14.gifSomeone asked for a Reciepe...Enjoy

Basic Buttermilk Waffles

2 cups all-purpose flour

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon baking powder

1 teaspoon salt

2 tablespoons sugar

3 whole eggs

1/4 cup butter (half a stick), melted and cooled slightly

2 cups buttermilk at room temperature

1. Preheat the waffle iron while you set about making the batter.
  2. Whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and sugar in a large bowl.
  3. Separate the eggs. Whisk the yolks with the melted butter in a small bowl (make sure the butter is cooled enough that it won't curdle the yolks). Whisk the egg whites into the buttermilk. Pour the butter/yolks into the buttermilk mixture and whisk well.
  4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until combined. Allow the mixture to rest for 5 minutes.
  5. Ladle into your waffle iron as directed.
  6. Enjoy!
  7. To Keep them crispy keep them warm in the oven until your ready to serve them :D

wafflebasics.jpg

Lucky Texed, our waffle guru--on the first Mercury Sydney-Aukland cruise which boarded Sun. We are on the next one, boarding Jan.20 and sailing the next day. I told him before he left to save us some waffles, lol.

Can't wait to see his review. :D

Hi Californiadreamin'

Thanx much for the recipe. A nice addition to our Christmas breakfast:D.

Hope you enjoy what appears to be your first Carib. cruise in a few months.

Barry

You're welcome. Thank you for your hopes for our cruise.

I made waffles this morning using this recipe. Let me tell you, from now on, no more pre mixed Aunt Jemima boxed flour.

I am so glad it turned out to your liking. All credit goes to Swedish Chef.

John

Lucky Texed, our waffle guru--on the first Mercury Sydney-Aukland cruise which boarded Sun. We are on the next one, boarding Jan.20 and sailing the next day. I told him before he left to save us some waffles, lol.

Can't wait to see his review. :D

We've just got off the Mercury on Sunday in Sydney having been eating waffles everyday for the past 41 days!!!! We boarded in Ensenada, tried the waffles on the first morning and that was it.....they're the absolute best! Everyone liked them with blueberries and believe me the ship went through a ton of blueberries!! I'll tell you, the place to be every morning was at the waffle and pancake station in the Palm Springs Pool deck.

Jillybean:)

Archived