Crown Princess - St Lucia Anglican church

amapola

I posted this on the St. Lucia board but got no answers, so I thought I'd try my luck here :). I'm sailing on the Crown next week, so it's not entirely off topic :D.

Does anyone here know of an Anglican church in Castries? Haven't been able to find anything on the web (I do know about the RC cathedral). We'll be there on New Year's Day and were hoping to find a service. TIA!

I was just in St. Lucia and you think I could answer this one!! To be honest with you, we did see alot of churches but none of the names come to mind. I did find one on the net that is located in central Castires--

Cannon Laurie Anglican Church. You may want to try and do some research on this one. Good luck and I hope you have a wonderful cruise!!

We'll be in Barbados on a Sunday in March and wanted to attend church there as well. My husband is a priest and this is something he's really looking forward to. We just emailed the diocese and they sent us a list of churches, directions from the port, and service times. Very handy! Perhaps you could do the same for St. Lucia?

Thanks to both for answering my query!

There isn't a lot of info on the web (sigh), but I found an email address for the Diocese of the West Indies, so I'll try that. I did find out that Cannon Laurie church is used as an emergency shelter :D but nothing else. I found a reference to Holy Trinity Church too, but no info at all on it.

OnTheBrink, in about 3 years, God willing, I will too say "my DH is a priest" :) Still a seminarian for now.

Hi Nancy! We live in Puerto Rico and he attends the diocesan seminary here. We joined the Episcopal church 3 years ago (used to be RC). We're quite involved with the church here and enjoy every moment of the experience of being Episcopalian! Today we spent the morning decorating the Cathedral for tonight's service, and I get to serve punch and cookies tonight :D . We joke that I'm in training to be a proper priest's wife ;) :D

Well, looks like I hijacked my own thread :eek: To get back on track... I do have plans to visit the churches in Barbados, Tortola and Antigua. We went to the one in St. Thomas on our last cruise. It was a Saturday morning, we just dropped in. A few people were there, cleaning the church and getting things ready, and we got a full explanation and tour of the church by the Senior Warden. It was very cool!

Have a blessed Christmas!

Archived