Proud father raised a addict

flygrass

The wife and I went on our first cruise about 6 years ago leaving our your son home with his grandma and the whole time we were out there we thought about him and how much he would love it. (He was about 12 at that time) Needless to say we have never sailed again without him, he is now 17 and he has 6 Carnival cruises under his belt.

This year he graduates class of 08 he most of his classmates are heading to Cancun, he tried talking them into a cruise and had no such luck. So where is he going to go for his senior trip??

He wants to sail the Liberty with US!!! The wife and I jumped on that and booked our first 9a wrap on the Liberty right after graduation.

With 6 cruises under my boy’s belt already he will tell you " I will easily sail over 100 times "

My wife and I are guilty as charged for making him a juvenile cruise addict.

He makes us proud.

All you guys and gals out there I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with many great cruises in you future

The wife and I went on our first cruise about 6 years ago leaving our your son home with his grandma and the whole time we were out there we thought about him and how much he would love it. (He was about 12 at that time) Needless to say we have never sailed again without him, he is now 17 and he has 6 Carnival cruises under his belt.

This year he graduates class of 08 he most of his classmates are heading to Cancun, he tried talking them into a cruise and had no such luck. So where is he going to go for his senior trip??

He wants to sail the Liberty with US!!! The wife and I jumped on that and booked our first 9a wrap on the Liberty right after graduation.

With 6 cruises under my boy’s belt already he will tell you " I will easily sail over 100 times "

My wife and I are guilty as charged for making him a juvenile cruise addict.

He makes us proud.

All you guys and gals out there I hope you have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year with many great cruises in you future

flygrass,

Congrats are definately in order! We are raising three cruise addicts of our own. ;)

flygrass,

Congrats are definately in order! We are raising three cruise addicts of our own. ;)

I know what you mean. Our 16 year old just completed his 19th cruise a couple of weeks ago and we have 5 booked for next year (minimum).

Something tells me he is going to be one of the youngest Milestone Rewards Member by the end of the year.

At least we are addicting our children to something wholesome!!! :D

I didn't introduce my son to cruising until he was 23. He became instantly addicted. But, the shame I feel for waiting so long. =)

Of course, I didn't learn the joy of cruising til later in my life too. So, I can't say it's all my fault he became addicted so late.

It sounds like you have done a pretty good job when he would rather go cruisin' with the parents than party with his friends. Congrat's !:D

Thanks Selucrey , You know what ? He will be partying with 2 of his good friends on this cruise --> That would be his mom and I ;) . Most of the time we are more friends than parents.

flygrass,

Thanks and good luck with your 3 addicts

I know what you mean. Our 16 year old just completed his 19th cruise a couple of weeks ago and we have 5 booked for next year (minimum).

Something tells me he is going to be one of the youngest Milestone Rewards Member by the end of the year.

At least we are addicting our children to something wholesome!!! :D

Do our kids really know how good they have it to be seasoned cruisers so young. I know I couldnt even think about cruiseing or visiting another Country when I was a kid. Cruiseing for me as a kid was going down Da bayou to the hunting camp:D

Thanks Selucrey , You know what ? He will be partying with 2 of his good friends on this cruise --> That would be his mom and I ;) . Most of the time we are more friends than parents.

Thanks and good luck with your 3 addicts

Do our kids really know how good they have it to be seasoned cruisers so young. I know I couldnt even think about cruiseing or visiting another Country when I was a kid. Cruiseing for me as a kid was going down Da bayou to the hunting camp:D

Yes, fortunately they do appreciate how blessed we all are.

They also love the "hunting camp" in Mississippi and "the fish camp" on the Pearl River down in Columbia, MS!!

GUILTY YOUR HONOR.... Just put me on a cruise and throw away the key!!!

And damn proud of it!!! My two girls have been cruising since they were in my tummy.... And the 13 year old especially loves to show off her Platinum Card whenever she can!!!

As a matter of fact, you know the saying "Be careful what you ask"... two years ago I asked my then almost 16 year old, "What do you want to do for your Sweet 16 Danielle?" thinking she was going to tell me where she wanted her Sweet 16 party to be held, she answered me "I want to go on a cruise with my 4 best friends".... AND, it was one of the best cruises we've ever been on!!!!

Oh, and the reason why they have always cruised with us.... my parents also go with us.... SOOOOOOOOOOO I guess its a 3 generation hand me down addiction.....

MOM & DAD.... Thanks for this addiction....!!!!

.....My wife and I are guilty as charged for making him a juvenile cruise addict.

He makes us proud.....

.....after the last cruise my 10 yo son and I went on (my 3rd, his 2nd), he didn't want to leave the ship and he wants to become a cruise director. So I figure instead of putting money in his college fund, I'll help his education going on more cruises with him. Sound like a plan or what?

It's amazing this cruise drug (which I am naming Cruis-a-wanna) is much more addicting than alcohol, cigarettes and prescription drugs. I guess if he has to be addicted to something, then this is probably the best one.

:D

Yes, fortunately they do appreciate how blessed we all are.

They also love the "hunting camp" in Mississippi and "the fish camp" on the Pearl River down in Columbia, MS!!

Peep this,, talking about going to the camp and stuff. My boy picked the ship to go on for this cruise so I then asked what islands would you like to go to ( being the Liberty runs a couple of different iten's) he said it doesnt have to go to any islands,,,, if it was about going to a place I just as soon go to Grand Isle,,(locale beach here in south La) for me its all about being on the ship.

.....after the last cruise my 10 yo son and I went on (my 3rd, his 2nd), he didn't want to leave the ship and he wants to become a cruise director. So I figure instead of putting money in his college fund, I'll help his education going on more cruises with him. Sound like a plan or what?

:D

I never thought of it that way, great idea..... But we better keep pointing the kids towards college to be safe;) Who knows we could have the next president of CCL right here among us.

if it was about going to a place I just as soon go to Grand Isle,,(locale beach here in south La) for me its all about being on the ship.

How did it fair with Katrina? I remember seeing a report about an older guy that was determined to stay through the storm. I thought about him all through the storm but never heard anything about him afterward.

Hubby has gone red bull fishing somewhere south of NO but not sure where.

How did it fair with Katrina? I remember seeing a report about an older guy that was determined to stay through the storm. I thought about him all through the storm but never heard anything about him afterward.

Hubby has gone red bull fishing somewhere south of NO but not sure where.

They took a hell of a beating but I dont remember and deaths there,, and yes there were many people that stayed. They pretty much lost all of the beach that they had. It was one heck of a ride, we also stayed home (Houma about 50 miles south of NOLA)for the Storm Of The Centry. Didnt flood here as we are way above sea level (about 8 feet):rolleyes: .

Merry Christmas

They took a hell of a beating but I dont remember and deaths there,, and yes there were many people that stayed. They pretty much lost all of the beach that they had. It was one heck of a ride, we also stayed home (Houma about 50 miles south of NOLA)for the Storm Of The Centry. Didnt flood here as we are way above sea level (about 8 feet):rolleyes: .

Merry Christmas

Glad to hear no one lost their lives. I was really concerned.

Off Topic: Almost moved to Houma years (and I do mean years) ago. Ex-hubby was a pilot and IA aircraft mechanic. He almost took a job with one of the FBOs.

Yep a whooping 8 ft over sea level...the Mount St Helens of the area!! :D

Yep a whooping 8 ft over sea level...the Mount St Helens of the area!! :D

Good one,, that one gave me a big smile,,,, thanks....The good thing about it is that the altitude does not affect us to much,,, you just have to watch what your doing when baking.the high altitude will tend to play a part when cooking.:D

We're all GUILTY...

I learned about cruising after my husband died and wish he could have shared it with me! But now I have Mom who I take with me AND a 19 year old I take with me! We don't always travel together, but I'm the common link :p .

Of course, it's my treat, but hey, if that's what it takes to cruise... I'm on it!!!

Merry Christmas!

I hope all your cruises come true!!!

My parents raised an addict. I can't even remember how many cruises I've been on, probably around 16 or 17, and I'm going on another one in March for spring break. Now that I'm 22 and moved out of the house, my parents go on cruises without me, but that doesn't mean I can't spend some of my loan money to go on my own!

My parents raised an addict. Now that I'm 22 and moved out of the house, my parents go on cruises without me, but that doesn't mean I can't spend some of my loan money to go on my own!

My son said he is never going to leave home,,,:eek: . He thinks this way he dont have to pay to cruise.

My son said he is never going to leave home,,,:eek: . He thinks this way he dont have to pay to cruise.

Lol, I had no choice, I had to move out, my school is over an hour away. Although my parents did get all nostalgic and took me and my sister on a cruise last February. My sister is older, she had just turned 24, I was 21. My mom is a teacher, my sister is a speech therapist in a school, and I was also working in a high school since i had some time between college graduation and grad school, and we all had vacation in February, so they figured it was probably the last time we'd all have a family vacation, so we went on the Carnival ship that left from Puerto Rico. And thanks to a misprint on Continental's website, we got first class tickets from New York to Puerto Rico for the price of coach. It was so nice.

Although it is nice when my parents pay :D They are being nice enough to pay for the onboard stuff when I go on a cruise in March. I'm going on Norwegian, since it's leaving from NYC, I'll save money on airline tickets, and it's Sat-Sat, instead of Sun-Sun like most other cruises we saw for that week. Sat-Sat is great because then I'll be able to get back into study mode on Sunday for class on Monday. And we won't need to worry about flight delays or anything, which is great.

My parents are going on a cruise in February during President's week, my sister and her fiance just booked a cruise for their honeymoon in July. My sister's been on as many cruises I have (one less actually, because we went on one when she was studying abroad) and it will be his first. We are a big cruisin' family.

Archived