vip on the carnival

bia

:o sailing with our family of 16 april on the valor. husband and i are platinum. will be able to have the do vip? i know vip applies to one other cabin, how is this applied. thanks

Not sure who is in the other cabin. If it is family you will be fine, especially if you cross reference their booking with yours. There are other ways around it, but I'm kind of confused by the question.:confused:

Congratutions on your Platinum status. YES, YOU are entitled to VIP check-in. I am sorry but the rest of your party is not. IF you are paying the onboard charges for any other cabin, besides your own, that cabin must check-in with you. The other cabins will have to use the general check-in line. If would be unfair to other VIP passengers to have to wait while 14 other "non-VIP" individuals checked-in AHEAD of them. SORRY.

We had another couple drive down with us. Hubby and I were VIP, the other couple was not.

We went to the VIP...they went to the regular line and we all met up at the Atrium bar. I don't know about all the ports, but the NO port (where we were) is laid out in such a way that you only loose sight of "regular" people for a new minutes.

Just out of curiosity, when did they start the platinum status?

We received our first Platinum cards on our Spirit cruise July 2005. However, there were no benefits attached until January 2006. Carnival tried to keep it a "secret" and do a trial run in January for 30 days....but you know how hard it is to keep a cruising secret from us....so they ended up just jumping in.

When we cruised March 2006, we had the cards and the perks!!

If I am with a group...we always board together. Don't get too excited about VIP because they do a HORRIBLE job with it. You are better off to just do the normal check-in. On a recent cruise the VIP (??) lounge had one representative and more than she could handle. We went to "steerage" and the ladies were wonderful. I am sure we beat those VIP's waiting in the VIP lounge. So much for how Carnival handles the Platinum pax. (poorly IMHO)

VIP Check In comes in handy when you arrive at the same time that 3 buses do from the airport....OR in a situation like we had on the Holiday earlier this month where boarding was delayed for 5 hours.

Everyone was there to get on at the same time because of the delay. They stood in line after line. We "sat" outside an office for about 10 minutes....then they processed us and stopped the "line" to let us in to get our pictures made and put us right on the ship.

It was wonderful!!!

New Orleans also does a nice job for us!!

Archived