Solo Crusing and Loving It

I Enjoy Life

:) Hi Everyone, :)

I'm relatively new to solo cruising (widowed), as my husband and I loved to sail. I still love to cruise, and just got off my 2nd solo on Holland America, and while on board booked my third solo on HAL. Life is too short, and I've been delighted on every solo cruise I've taken with HAL, so I have to say it's my favorite to date. I'm next booked solo on the Star Princess, and since I recently got off the Emerald to the Med Transatlantic in October 07 (not solo and traveling with a great bunch of people), I trust that I'll have a super time on my solo in May. I'm going to Alaska (my 3rd trip), and first solo to that area, but would love to hear from anyone going on that cruise. For anyone who's interested, here's the weather for that area year round, and it might help you plan your trip to Alaska. Of course you only have to look at May thru September. ;). As you can tell September and May have appx the same temps, but much less rain in May. My 2 former trips were in September, and once no rain, and once rain, but they were both great times. As far as upgrades, I've been upgraded 2 for 2 going solo, and on my 12/15/07 Oosterdam cruise, I unexpectly received an additional up grade to the Deluxe Veranda Suite...what a trip :D. I hope my luck holds out and I'm upgraded for my 5/4/08 trip too. I'm also going solo in December 08 on the Eurodam, and looking forward to another great HAL cruise. But as far as I'm concerned I've enjoyed to the nth degree every cruise I've ever taken. No such thing as a bad cruise. I just enjoy and love life.

May

Avg. Hi: 56°F

Avg. Low: 40°F

Mean: 48°F

Rain: 3.48 in.

Rec. Hi: 80°F (1947)

Rec. Low: 25°F (1972)

June

Avg. Hi: 62°F

Avg. Low: 46°F

Mean: 54°F

Rain: 3.36 in.