3030 Ocean Restaurant

loriva

Based on a recommendation from Bequia on the boards when we asked about a restaurant with great fresh fish and an ocean view, we ate at 3030 Ocean (3030 Holiday Drive, 954-765-3030; ). We used the Water Taxi to reach it (stop five; the restaurant is in the Marriott Harbor Beach hotel). 3030 Ocea also has great reviews on Zagat’s, including a 25 rating for food. They gave us a nice table overlooking the ocean. I started with a dirty martini and DH had a dark rum and diet coke—it seems they merely thought about the diet coke in the drink, so very generous pours. We split the house green salad for an appetizer, then had the grouper and butterfish for entrees. Everything was wonderfully fresh and exceedingly well presented. Unlike many restaurants of this caliber, the portions are very large. I couldn’t finish my fish and there was definitely no room for dessert! The service was friendly, warm, and knowledgeable. For the quality (and quantity) of the food and service, we found the price reasonable--it's definitely not a bargain place, but the we felt like we received very good value for the price.

I'm so happy you enjoyed the restaurant. Sometimes I'm afraid a great experience that I may have had at a restaurant, hotel, cruise, flight, car rental etc. turns out to be a nightmare for the next person.

Archived