Tampa Port?

alwaysmomof1

Ok. I have been on this site for weeks now and can't find this info with out calling Carnival. I am trying to do some research for hotels with airport shuttles and then port shuttle. My niece just came back from Miami and she took a taxi from her hotel (about 5 miles) to port and it cost her $50.00 for a taxi. I was looking to spend less but I would be flying in the day before the cruise and im looking for a nice place close to stay. Does anyone have any clues about this port?

If your niece flew into MIA, she was robbed by the cabbie. The fare from MIA to the Port of Miami is about $24. The fare she paid sounds like the fare from FT.Lauderdale.

It is less than ten miles from TPA to the cruise terminal in downtown Tampa. Cab fare should runaround $15 plus tip, and should take about 15 minutes from airport to port anytime other than rush hour.

Plenty of airport hotels offer airport shuttles but I'm not aware of any that offer port shuttles. The major hotels downtown are close to the pier but I'm not sure if they offer a free airport shuttle.

Hello Az Redneck, Because we always fly in a day or 2 early we rent a car and drop it off near the port. We might even fly into Orlando and spend a couple of days there before the cruise. But there is a few good hotel near the port. And if you stay near the airport I have called the hotel and asked about getting to the port. Most say they have some who can take you there for a small fee. Most of the time it a better deal then a cab fare and most of the time it is a cab doing work for the hotel. Last time we cruised out of tampa we found that by the time you get to the hotel(free shuttle) there was know where good to eat nearby,(we ended up ordering Pizza) and getting shuttle to the port(at there time) we would have been just as cheap to rented and car for 25.00$ and dropped it at the port. Wife would have been able to shop for a few other thing to take on the cruise that we had forgotten or could not take on the flight with us. I have a 5 page list of rental codes for discount at Avis, Hertz, and National. Some are pretty good. Then after the cruise we just cab it back to the airport. It is a flat fee,so don't let him turn on the meter. Its like 20 or 25 dollars. But if you want to stay near the port look for hotel in the Yarbo area. I know there is a Hampton Inn and a high dollar Embassey Suite. I will be flying there in a few weeks and will be keeping my eyes open for any new hotel to stay at. I look for new ones because they will be in better shape. If we just go in a day early we just might go to Busch Gardens and not the Disneyworld thing. See you on the other sight

We stayed at the Airport Days Inn on Dale Mabry, liked it, and it was cheap. They have shuttle to/from airport and cruise terminal, free parking for those who drive. I recommended it to someone else on this site and they said it was bad-mouthed by another travel site. It's a Days Inn, nothing fancy, but had in room frig, micro, coffee pot, cont breakfast, nice pool, etc. Check and make sure they still have free shuttle service.

Do A Quick Research On The Web. Their Are Hotels That Have Shuttles To Tampa Port . You Might Have To Do A Little Investigating. But You Should Find One. And When You Book A Hotel Ask How Much The Taxi Charge Or Get The Phone Number And Call Your Self. I Am Going On The New Years Cruise On Inspiration. But Luckly My Sisters Live There So I Don't Have To Stay In A Hotel. Good Luck.

i flew into tampa in october and stayed at the tampa rocky point holiday inn. there was a free shuttle from air port to hotel by the hotel shuttle which worked out good. the hotel has a shuttle compay called blue one which gives you a ride from the hotel to port for 10.00 a person highly reccomended

We stayed at the Laquinta Motel One mile from airport....It has Free shuttle from airport & a free shuttle to the port. When we got back from our trip & had to get a rental car That was Only One mile from the Airport, For starters No taxi would take us cause it was Only a Mile...then when a cop finally told a Taxi to take us...He Charged me $22.00 for a One Mile. Good Luck ~ & Enjoy your trip:cool:

Archived