St Kitts Railraod

crusinsusan

Susan, I'm not much help but if you go to the next page, about 1/2 or 3/4 the way down, Coolmama 1 also asked and did get some replies. I think it is a lot of money but have already bought our excursions for February. It seems like you will get to see places no other tour can offer. Hope this was a little help.

Cathy

Susan,

We actually did end up doing the railway tour and enjoyed it. Yes, it is expensive but so are all of the excursions. With 5 ports, there are alot of choices.

The railway has a lower area with wicker chairs and tables for 4 and the upper area is cushioned benches along the sides. You can sit either place and move about since they only take 24-28 people in each car. There is a very clean restroom on each car as well. THe train has 4 cars and each car has a hostess.

They serve pina coladas (had one a 8:30 am:D and other beverages during the route. They also have a trio come on board and entertain you with local songs.

You get to see most of the island and countryside, ocean etc. Occasionally, the train would have to stop. They have a small car the goes ahead on the track to remove branches, animals (goats and pigs etc) that are in the way, At one point they had to shovel sand. We sat in the front car of the train and could take this all in.

We got some great pictures and it was something different to do. During the last 15 minutes, we got a torrential rain and we all had to move downstairs to the cars and they covered up the seats upstairs.

Everyone that we were with seemed to be having a good time. We enjoyed ourselves and you should go if that is what you want to do. For everyone who had a great time, there will be someone who thought it was a waste. Take opinions with a grain of salt and do what you want.

Have a great cruise.

Judy

Judy - Thanks for your review of the train ride and I'm glad you enjoyed it. I hope we too get to watch them remove some animals off the tracks. What a great picture that would make. Could you please tell me the drink prices, if you remember? Love those Pina Coladas - even at 8:30 am.

Thanks - Cathy

The drinks are included in the excursion. We boarded at 8 and had a drink by 8:30:D , They even came around for refills. I can't remember what else they had but they also brought around a tray of traditional sweetcakes from the island. We actually got a game of "animal poker' going. A pig, goat, donkey, chicken and cow was a full house!:D Seriously, it was fun and we enjoyed it. It did run over a little and the second group that went after us got caught in the rain I spoke of, so I don't know if they had as great a time as we did.

Archived