Shogun Live From The Emerald

Shogun

I totally agree with AliceS! COSOL is the best tour going in St Lucia. A full day of adventure and end up at a beach between the PITONS. We have done his tour 2 times now and it is a wonderful way to eat, drink, and get to know the island and it's beautiful people. (Cost was only $45 for all day tour)

Thanks for your daily reviews of the cruise. We have put the newspapers away and look forward to this instead. Can't wait to get back on the Emerald for a reunion cruise in Feb.!

The Patters from the first half (10-day Roundtrip from Fort Lauderdale to Princess Cays, St. Thomas, Dominica, Grenada, Bonaire, Aruba) of this trip are now online...

patters

Thanks for posting the patters for us, add to the anticipation!

Hi Folks,

No bags, I assume if you see a bus driver from Miami selling a kilt on E Bay call the police, I think he has my stuff.

What a difference between this cruise and last week, the ship is so relaxed its almost boring, no noise, no fights no ques .Space ibn the dinning rooms but same numbers, but this cruise is a real mix of ages etc.

Barbados is very warm but no sun today 5 ships in port so taxis are making a mint.

yours Shogun

Shogun

Can you ask at the pursers desk about what is included in the $200.00 dollars to rent a bungalow in Princess Cays.

No one still seems to know and when phoning Princess still we all get different answers.

Thanks so much

Can you ask at the pursers desk about what is included in the $200.00 dollars to rent a bungalow in Princess Cays.

We were just there on 12/27 and rented a bungalow.

The cost is good for up to 6 people to enjoy. However, I do not see why others could not have joined us. The bungalows are pretty secluded at the north end of Princess property, and away from most of the activity @ PC. About a 5-plus minute walk from the tender dock. A golf cart was available if we wished.

We were provided our own (very nice & friendly) waiter to attend to us (and only us) all day. He retrieved any drinks we asked for. Drinks are charged for just as on the ship. When the buffet opened he brought us a selection of whatever food we wanted. A menu of what is available was given to us, and we just told him what quantities we wanted.

The bungalow was pre-stocked with tons of towels and bug spray. The air conditioning was already on when we arrived, and it was actually a tad too cold inside. A table and chairs were inside and there were (maybe 6?) sun loungers outside. Another table with a few chairs and an umbrella were also outside.

We were just there on 12/27 and rented a bungalow.

The cost is good for up to 6 people to enjoy. However, I do not see why others could not have joined us. The bungalows are pretty secluded at the north end of Princess property, and away from most of the activity @ PC. About a 5-plus minute walk from the tender dock. A golf cart was available if we wished.

We were provided our own (very nice & friendly) waiter to attend to us (and only us) all day. He retrieved any drinks we asked for. Drinks are charged for just as on the ship. When the buffet opened he brought us a selection of whatever food we wanted. A menu of what is available was given to us, and we just told him what quantities we wanted.

The bungalow was pre-stocked with tons of towels and bug spray. The air conditioning was already on when we arrived, and it was actually a tad too cold inside. A table and chairs were inside and there were (maybe 6?) sun loungers outside. Another table with a few chairs and an umbrella were also outside.

Thankyou so much.:) Everyone is in a big tizzy about the bungalows having no service for the $199.00 & the service only comes with the bungalows for $299.00. Did you have to ask for the first tender boat or did you get the the tender tickets in your cabin before hand.

Thankyou so much. Everyone is in a big tizzy about the bungalows having no service for the $199.00 & the service only comes with the bungalows for $299.00. Did you have to ask for the first tender boat or did you get the the tender tickets in your cabin before hand.

We paid $199.00.

Tender tix were in the envelope along with all the other tix for our prepaid excursions. We did not need them, however, and got right on the tender a little after 10:00am. We were due in at 9, but I believe we arrived earlier...

Hi Folks,

Its a clear blue sky with a big yellow thing up there, we are in St Kitts, awaiting a boat to Nevis.

Dinner last night was excellant with PSD a member of his staff, and two others from CC, Crown Grill service was the best it has every been, not only excellant in terms of time, but we were given info on every dish, how cooked what spices used etc.

It was so nice to recall the days when ships officers ate with us paying lot, just to get old sea storries, info on ports how the ship operates,

Need to go boat is leavibg.

yours Shogun

So glad to hear you had a nice time in the Crown Grill. Both times we ate there it was wonderful. I guess your trip is winding down and you are looking foward to seeing your closet when you return home!

Thank you for keeping up posted on your sailings, hope to hear more from you in the future.

Dinner last night was excellant with PSD a member of his staff, and two others from CC, Crown Grill service was the best it has every been, not only excellant in terms of time, but we were given info on every dish, how cooked what spices used etc.

yours Shogun

I'm very glad to hear that, Shogun, but I have to chime in here...

Last cruise, our experience in the Crown Grill was so sad and pathetic that I would never, NEVER try it ever again. They were out of Maine Lobster (can't blame Princess for that) so we ordered Brazilian Tails. They arrived over-cooked, chewy and downright disgusting. So bad that we did not even want the kitchen to bother trying again. Side dishes, every one of them, came out of the kitchen not luke-warm, but actually cold! The second round of side dishes were mildly warm. Steaks were fatty, full of gristle and of poorer quality than others in the regular dining room.

Service was slow and uninspiring. Tough to describe, but imagine servers that had no interest in doing their job. It was as if they were simply going through the motions, with the attitude of, "Oh, more passengers that I have to deal with..." This was mid-cruise, so I feel really bad for those that tried Crown Grill in the following days.

You mention you were with two others from CC. Sharon and David by any chance? They experienced Crown Grill with us last cruise, and I would love to hear their take on this trip.

While I'm glad you had a good experience, I wonder if your dining partners did not have something to do with it???

Hi KCB,

Totally agree with you that Crown Grill last week was very poor, I did put this in writting at the end of that cruise as well as reporting to CD and PSD.

However last night was completely different.

As to today trip to Nevis was very good would do this trip again and again, carterthingy was very smooth, stop for swim was first class with loads of fish coral etc very clear water, then onto Nevis very hou , burnt feet on sand hot, quick but nice lunch, then back into the water, with crew wadding into water with cold beers to serve us, Overall crew did an excellant job, chatted away served constantly plus singing and dancing.

yours Rather Red Shogun

Hi KCB,

Totally agree with you that Crown Grill last week was very poor, I did put this in writting at the end of that cruise as well as reporting to CD and PSD.

However last night was completely different.

As to today trip to Nevis was very good would do this trip again and again, carterthingy was very smooth, stop for swim was first class with loads of fish coral etc very clear water, then onto Nevis very hou , burnt feet on sand hot, quick but nice lunch, then back into the water, with crew wadding into water with cold beers to serve us, Overall crew did an excellant job, chatted away served constantly plus singing and dancing.

yours Rather Red Shogun

Hi KCB,

Wonderful to hear! I guess we should have done the B2B with you and Sharon & David!! Please say Hi and send them our love!!!

Hi Folks,

St Thomas today, mixed weather, got of ship by the time we got to the taxis thunder storm, went to Haven Sight which is one dollar more than down town, Walked backed boy is this a long walk but needed it after Crown Grill to nights ago, missed dinner last night for same reason.

This cruise is so quite,

Customs this morning we were called 30minutes early because there was no que rushed down and found all tables empty I had my pick of who to stamp passport, never hud this before, either the whole ship has gone on tour, but then why would be be called early, or were still in there beds.

PSD Got us a pass for the Santuary told you all he was very nice.

We are going to have another CC meeting, but this will be put in Patter to see if more will attend,

yours Shogun

Shogun...So nice to hear the second half of your trip has been so enjoyable. We were on the Emerld in Nov and loved it. We sail again with a rather large CC reunion group and can't wait!

Could you tell me if your CC group had drinks provided or if any of the crew attended? We have planned to all meet after muster and then pre-arranged with Princess to have another meeting second sea day in Skywalkers. Just wanted to know what to expect from Princess on this. We would love to have the CD or other staff there for our rather large group to meet.

I'm so glad that Princess is giving you some special treatment since your luggage has been MIA for your whole two cruises. I can't imagine!

I think it is nice to be able to dine with some of the ship staff. I'm sure they would have a lot of great stories to tell. I would love to have the opportunity but just not lose me clothes! :eek:

Archived